I got a ticket rant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    I think that would pizz me off just enough to go to court over.
    You did not break any law, you had clearly paid for new registration regardless what any system malfunctions might be saying.
    There are not many things that pizz me off like the DMV
    This.^^^...go to court just out of principle. Make that trooper show up and face a judge or jury and explain his stupid actions. No way on GODs green earth I would just pay it.

Comment

Originally posted by PEC View Post
      This.^^^...go to court just out of principle. Make that trooper show up and face a judge or jury and explain his stupid actions. No way on GODs green earth I would just pay it.
      My thoughts exactly

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        That's BS!! I'd tell them I'm pleading not guilty. Set a trial date. I'm not paying a ticket dismissal fee for something like this.
        If you can really do this, I would too. I am pro police, but that is total BS. What did they do before computers?

Comment

Yeap, boot trooper screwed the pooch

Comment

You still have the ticket?

It will have his name or number on it. Find out who his superior is and file a complaint. Might hit him in the pocket book when it comes time for a raise.

I am like others too, burn some of their time and make him look like an idiot in front of the court

Comment

Why even have us put stickers on our window if they only go by what's in their system and info in the system is only as good as who's entering it. I would take it to court on principal but I've got plenty of PTO that I could use.

Comment

Originally posted by gb22250 View Post
                You might be out the money unfortunately but I would at least try to get in touch with his supervisor, if possible, so he and whoever else can be retrained. The supervisor may refer you to a formal complaint process. I would do this so it doesn’t keep happening.

If you went to court it would be way more pita, I would have just paid at that time. But it would not be the last that they would hear from me. Formal complaint is the route I would take.

Comment

Wow brother. That is not right on several different levels. Don’t lump everyone in same group is all I can ask. I would imagine you would have a hard time finding another LE to issue that ticket and also find another court that would not make it right

Comment

Well that really sucks! The problem is anyone you talk to in the system is going to care or do anything about it.

The whole registration/ inspection system is a racket.

Comment

Man that sucks.
                      I want to tell you to fight it, but also understand that it would most likely cost you more in the long run.

Comment

Guilty until proven innocent nowadays. And even if proven innocent, they still want money.

Comment

I would plead not guilty and request a jury trial. No fees to you for that and it cost the county a lot more than $20 some odd bucks to send out all the jury summons.

Comment

I can't fathom how he gave you a ticket if you had a good sticker on the vehicle. I wouldn't pay jack, fight and it get it dismissed. Obviously its not much money to make it go away easier but I would fight it just based on principle.

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
                              Sucks, but I wouldn’t be wasting negative energy on it. Brighter things happen in life that I’d be focused on.

Comment

Originally posted by postman View Post
                                A money grab that's all it is, all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
                                Bingo!! And this is why I have such an issue with just sign here, it is not an admission of guilt, etc. No it isn't an admission of guilt but it guarantees you will be out valuable time, money, etc. even if you did nothing wrong like the original poster. F'd up system! And don't take this as cop bashing, they are just another cog in the wheel although this specific cop needs some discipline if for no other reason being stupid.

Many times we hear for example that a woman that makes a false rape report should have the same consequences as the person would have received if convicted. I would be all for the same being applied to cops on bad tickets such as this. Maybe have the cop not get paid and have to take PTO to go to court like the person receiving the ticket...

Comment

Working...
                                X