Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trapping deer at Land’s End golf course on Lake Fork.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, if you agree that the cause of the problem is all the feeding, you're also agreeing that all those deer wouldn't be there absent the feeding.

It's sort of a "have your cake and eat it too" argument. rocky wouldn't have this massive population of deer if they weren't doing that per everyone that's chimed in from nearby areas that don't have tons of deer.

Do you want to have a massive amount of deer that they reduce every few years when it gets out of control or do you want to have no deer because they're not feeding them?

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
      Again, if you agree that the cause of the problem is all the feeding, you're also agreeing that all those deer wouldn't be there absent the feeding.

It's sort of a "have your cake and eat it too" argument. rocky wouldn't have this massive population of deer if they weren't doing that per everyone that's chimed in from nearby areas that don't have tons of deer.

Do you want to have a massive amount of deer that they reduce every few years when it gets out of control or do you want to have no deer because they're not feeding them?
      We wouldn’t have zero deer, we would have the amount that the natural forage and hunting could support.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
        Maybe it's because you don't live there.
        So in your mind, the homeowners can determine what should be done with deer that free range on the surrounding properties. ?

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
          We wouldn’t have zero deer, we would have the amount that the natural forage and hunting could support.
          Agree, but according to everyone that's chimed in from surrounding areas, that number is likely way, way below the number you're going to have even taking the trapping into account. They're also not going to trap every deer leaving you with zero.

Seems like on any given year, you're benefiting from the situation. Maybe every few years when they trap you go back to a normal carrying capacity and then it'll rise right back up? I see almost no scenario in which you aren't at least at par and most years you'll come out way ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
            You look at it wrongly. The deer belong to the state of Texas, that is indisputable.

If the determination is based on sound science and biologist recommendation then our opinions of it are about as valid as PETA protesting grizzly de-listing.
            That is totally incorrect. Native wildlife is owned by the People of Texas and managed by the state.

Comment

Again, I said there was no malnourished or deformed deer that the president of the HOA mentioned in the interview on KLTV.

How would you know? Do you sit at home 24/7 and watch every single deer that inhabits that area? How many trail cams are you running in everyone’s backyards? Even if they didn’t feed the deer voluntarilly it doesn’t mean they wouldn’t be moving in due to more volitary food sources. Sounds to me like you really don’t have a dog in this fight and your energy might be better served working on your own property. Lastly just because they are from the city doesn’t mean they are clueless, be careful what you assume from others especially if you don’t know them personally.

Comment

I’m friends with a lot of people within a 1 mile area including homeowners in Land’s End, and not a single one has mentioned a malnourished or deformed deer. Of course, there is always a deer in the area that has been injured recently due to whatever, but not deformed or malnourished.

Comment

I spoke with someone very close to the situation last night. TPWD has been involved in this forever. Their biologist suggested removing MORE deer than the "company" biologist.

Comment

Comical reading material..

Comment

Comment

Is this considered high fence hunting?

Comment

Best of Luck to ya Rocky, I am afraid you will not beat the state.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                            Best of Luck to ya Rocky, I am afraid you will not beat the state.
                            Do you remember or even know about the slot waiver tournament fiasco on Lake Fork in 1999?👍

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                              So in your mind, the homeowners can determine what should be done with deer that free range on the surrounding properties. ?
                              would landowners have the right to determine what should be done with wild dogs, armadillos, coyotes, feral hogs?

sounds like you are more concerned with your hunting vs whats best for the neighborhood.

I understand whats being said. But tpwd coming in and trapping deer (and killing, relocating, burning, whatever) isnt any different than someone building a high fence and preventing YOU the access YOU think you have to those deer.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                                would landowners have the right to determine what should be done with wild dogs, armadillos, coyotes, feral hogs?

sounds like you are more concerned with your hunting vs whats best for the neighborhood.

I understand whats being said. But tpwd coming in and trapping deer (and killing, relocating, burning, whatever) isnt any different than someone building a high fence and preventing YOU the access YOU think you have to those deer.
                                I’ve killed 5 deer in Texas in the last 8 years. I have not killed a 13 inch buck since AR was put in place. I simply don’t really care to hunt around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X