Wanting to get into reloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwd500 View Post
    It's hard to factor in the price of brass because you'll get to reuse it. Also you get to build a load for your gun where factory ammo might shoot great in one gun but not the next gun.

Any specific reason you want the gmx bullets? There are alot of great bullets in the .30-.40 cent range.

What caliber?

Are you anywhere near Beaumont? I have some 4064 I'll give you. About 1/2# or maybe a little more of it.

Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk

Man I mostly bowhunt, but wanna start shooting my .308 more... that being said the time I have rifle hunted i used SST and the GMX is just a little more “ tough” from the research I’ve done.
    I actually wanted to shoot barnes tripleshock but that ones even more $$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wanting to get into reloading

Originally posted by sendit View Post
      [quote-Bowhuter1994]

Just out of curiosity where would I find that? Just to play with numbers

My father taught me as a child to save every piece of brass I shot. You can ask friends for theirs, look in classifieds or at some ranges you can buy the pick ups. Once fired 308 brass is fairly common.[/QUOTE]

Find my excel file?
      I can try and upload it, but now I’m uploading off my phone. Let me know

EDIT: my grandpa used to always keep all his brass, i used to laugh at him . Look at me now... Should’ve listened to gpa !!

Last edited by Bowhunter1994; 12-16-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post

Gunbroker.

Also , check out www.gunbot.net lots of good deals there.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
          Gunbroker.

Also , check out www.gunbot.net lots of good deals there.

Thanks will keep an eye out !!

Comment

Comment

Man I mostly bowhunt, but wanna start shooting my .308 more... that being said the time I have rifle hunted i used SST and the GMX is just a little more “ tough” from the research I’ve done.
              I actually wanted to shoot barnes tripleshock but that ones even more $$

I've had very good luck with the Hornady eldx 178 gr with my 308. Academy normally has them in stock for $39.99/100.

Comment

Originally posted by cwd500 View Post

You da man!!!

Comment

Visit Wes Sage's reloading site. I have bought lots of components from him at competitive prices. He is also a wealth of knowledge when it comes to reloading.

https://www.sagesreloadingsupply.com/

Comment

I’ve got some partial boxes of Barnes triple shock 150 or 168s if your interested I’ll make you a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                      I’ve got some partial boxes of Barnes triple shock 150 or 168s if your interested I’ll make you a deal.

Pm inbound

Comment

Here are some good suppliers:
                        midwayusa.com
                        powder-valley.com
                        shootersproshop.com

You will not find a good selection of reloading supplies and tools without going online.
                        When you get some loads you like buy in bulk and you can get the price down quite abit.

Comment

Alot of single stage presses mentioned so here is an FYI.

They are all not created equal some are better than others. Look for one that has a compound linkage over a single one. when resizing and case forming the compound models are much easier to operate and don't require as much force.

Comment

Send me your address and the calibers you shoot and I will send you some brass. No charge

Comment

I have attatched an excel sheet... seems like the casing is most expensive !
                              How do you figure? Your bullets are $0.71 vs. $0.51 for your brass... that's not considering the fact that you are going to reuse the brass multiple times.
                              Say just 5 reloads (you'll get more) and your brass cost is $0.10 per round-- total of $1.00 per round, shooting one of the most expensive bullets there is.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                                How do you figure? Your bullets are $0.71 vs. $0.51 for your brass... that's not considering the fact that you are going to reuse the brass multiple times.

Say just 5 reloads (you'll get more) and your brass cost is $0.10 per round-- total of $1.00 per round, shooting one of the most expensive bullets there is.

Lol I hear you on that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X