Wanting to get into reloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting to get into reloading

I want to start reloading. That being said I’m looking for recommendations on a single stage loader. I will be reloading primarily; 308 but I would like the freedom to do other rounds like .243/.22250 etc

What would I need to order single stage loader wise/ anything else for me to get started??

I’m also looking into getting a reloading book, that will give me all the info needed. ( I don’t want one that biased, looking for general info)

What do my brothers on the green screen recommend... GO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started with a RCBS Rock Chucker. It is solid single stage press. I have recently bought a Redding T7 Turret press and wish I had bought it first. That said, the Rock Chucker still is on the bench and is used regularly.

I suggest getting several different manuals and read them all. I have also joined several reloading groups on Facebook that have been very useful as well when I have a quick question.

Comment

I use a RcBS rock chucker as well and have reloaded a few thousand rounds on it from 9mm,223,300Blk,243,260,7-08,3006,308ect. It’s a good press for sure I also picked up a rcbs chargemaster and that really helped things move along.

Be patient take your time and start low.

Comment

I just bought a 6 Creedmoor because I want to get out of reloading

Comment

This and dies should get you started.

Comment

This is what I started with. You will also need Lee case length gauge caliber specific I think it comes with the trimmer, caliper, tumbler, shell holders, and a loading tray. I might be missing a few things. Also it didn't take me long before I upgraded scales, that 1 bounces a lot. My next upgrade will be a rcbs chargemaster.
            Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
            https://www.midwayusa.com/product/12...tage-press-kit

This and dies should get you started.
            Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk

Comment

What’s your budget? You can get started for cheap, but may want to upgrade after a while costing more $$. Buy once cry once. The MEC press and Forester press along with a hand die and arbor press is a great setup.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                What’s your budget? You can get started for cheap, but may want to upgrade after a while costing more $$. Buy once cry once. The MEC press and Forester press along with a hand die and arbor press is a great setup.

Gonna say 300$ only cuz I don’t wanna go “ all in” just yet.

Comment

Look a the Lee Classic Turret press. The cast iron one with the 4 places for dies. You run it without having to reset dies after each use. Multiple calibers, use multiple heads. Strong enough for anything you will ever do. Also comes in a kit, but as mentioned above, while the lee scale will get it done, most other brands are much better. Nothing wrong with Lee equipment, specially starting out, you can save some bucks.

This and a set of dies will get you going.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                      Look a the Lee Classic Turret press. The cast iron one with the 4 places for dies. You run it without having to reset dies after each use. Multiple calibers, use multiple heads. Strong enough for anything you will ever do. Also comes in a kit, but as mentioned above, while the lee scale will get it done, most other brands are much better. Nothing wrong with Lee equipment, specially starting out, you can save some bucks.

This and a set of dies will get you going.
                      https://www.amazon.com/LEE-PRECISION...+reloading+kit
                      Loaded a LOT of rounds on that press too.

Comment

I started on a used RCBS Rock Chucker loading .308 and 5.56 about 10 years ago. Have since acquired a progressive press for pistol but still use the Rock Chucker for rifle. I've added dies for 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 Jap and .300 WSM for the single stage. Great press!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

If anyone could post link to a good grain scale it would be greatly appreciated

Comment

I have a RCBS 505 scale and some stuff I don't use that I could make you a good deal on. I believe I have a Lyman powder throw, Lyman reloading book
                              I progressed from a 505 scale to the RCBS Chargemaster and now to an Autotrickler setup with A&D120i scale.
                              Forester press is by far the best press you can get as dies change easily without having to screw on and off.

Comment

Working...
                              X