Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living the land owner dream in Navarro County!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was trying to figure out what you were doing with the two connex boxes. But now I see. Great idea! How many square feet will your roof cover?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      I was trying to figure out what you were doing with the two connex boxes. But now I see. Great idea! How many square feet will your roof cover?
      The connexs are 8’x45’ and the concrete pad is 16’x45’

Comment

Celebratory swig!!

This was a big mountain we got over this week.

Comment

Tired sweaty and heading home!

Comment

I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Comment

Turkeys

So they've actually been releasing both easterns and rios to the west of hw 19 in Anderson county as the northwest portion of Anderson county more post oak savannah as opposed to the more piny woods region a little further to the east of hw 19 in central and eastern Anderson county.

That area is believed to be were the two subspecies overlapped in range before the populations were wiped our years ago. There's similar overlapping area in the post oak savannah area in other states like OK and KS. There's been a decent and growing population of rios in parts of Navarro county for a while now, and a growing population of easterns in southeastern Anderson county along the neches.

The 3 recent stockings of birds at Gus Engling WMA an two neighboring ranches on the Anderson/Henderson county lines will bridge the gap between the two subspecies of turkey. So far there's been over 160 birds (80+ easrerns & 80 rios) released on two of those sites, and one additional ranch in the areas that was half stocked this year and should be completed this winter.

Those of you living or hunting in those areas should start seeing more and more birds in the coming years.

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
              I have actually seen 3-4 rios over the past 10 years (I assume from illegal stocking efforts by locals), but have yet to see an eastern. We have a spring fed creek that runs thru our place, and it is good turkey habitat, but no birds yet.

Comment

Actually the majority of those birds did alright..sure there were some losses, but that was expected. Thus the super stocking, to release a lot of birds so more would have the opportunity to reproduce.

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                The biologists released those easterns with metal leg bands that would clink together when they walked, was like a dinner bell for coyotes/bobcats

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                  Love the design of the cabin so far. Should have plenty of room.
                  Did he buy your shipping container?

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                    Did he buy your shipping container?
                    I would if he just had a way to load it, the discussion has been had.

Comment

Great area.... Talk to Tony at Warrens tires in Corsicana..to see what kinda deer are in the area.... There are some monsters.... They let them walk and get big there.... It’s a hot spot....

Comment

Ingenuity at its finest Wonderful progress sir

Comment

Originally posted by Keg View Post
                          Great area.... Talk to Tony at Warrens tires in Corsicana..to see what kinda deer are in the area.... There are some monsters.... They let them walk and get big there.... It’s a hot spot....
                          We have deer, not a lot but decent amount, I have heard of some monsters, I had a good deer pass thru last yr but only one sitting. Hoping it improves with time but the last yr I have been there they are very inconsistent.

Comment

Great work! Looking very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                              Great work! Looking very nice!
                              Thanks, still got a ways to go but as you know its a labor of love.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                                We have deer, not a lot but decent amount, I have heard of some monsters, I had a good deer pass thru last yr but only one sitting. Hoping it improves with time but the last yr I have been there they are very inconsistent.
                                I heard that one landowner started it by not hunting at all.... They got age and there seems to be a lot of protein in the vegetation there.... Be patient..I think you’ll do good....

Comment

Working...
                                X