Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more thing

On Thursday night when returning from dinner
    About 300-400 people on dirt bikes and atv’s took over all the lanes of traffic on westheimer followed by 100 + guy’s driving tricked out foreign cars with buzz mufflers driving around on all the lanes blocking traffic
    Our 1st night of lawlessness in good old H town

Comment

That sucks. No way I would ever move to a big city. The town I live in now has gotten bad. Looking forward to building on my property out of town.

Comment

Sounds like the security guard was in on it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post

West chase area / Hilton near belt 8 ........... “ I didn’t realize Houston had such racial tension the other customers
          Part of town where the food is great but not the place to engage in bumper sticker politics. Nice neighborhoods north of Westheimer, ghetto apartments to the south.
          Attached Files

Comment

I dont think many of us on here actually enjoy living in or near houston....

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              It is just a pos that likes vandalizing stuff. Cuts the tire for grins. Hope someone slits their throat one day.
              Yes sir! Tell us how you really feel! lol

Comment

Houston's DA is beholden to the communists, and loves chaos. She does not want to prosecute any criminals. She just lets them roam the streets. The jails look empty and are still understaffed. Houston has been taken over by idiots. The inmates run that asylum. I was born and raised there over 50 years ago when it was a great place. Now I hate having to go there.

Comment

Houston is the armpit of TX the worst and best days of my life were the days I moved in and out of that place

I still lurk there frequently and it never fails I wonder what on earth possess people to live like that... then it hits me the ol mighty dollar

Comment

The heck with living in a big city. Don’t know how y’all do it. Know the OP was just visiting, but just shines a light on how bad it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                      I love Houston. Lived on the inner loop {610} for 66 years. Bought this house for 130 and could sell it tomorrow for 300.
                      For lunch today I can drive 15 minutes and choose anything from soul food, escargo, or Medetraninan lamb.
                      Best doctors in the world 20 minutes down the street. People from around the world come here.
                      Most derverse city in America 3 years in a row.
                      In general we do not do political yard signs and bumper stickers.
                      Now days when we travel we get an Airbnb so we get a driveway and room in a neighborhood. Pretty much done with hotels........
                      I very much agree with this. There’s no perfect place in the world. Houston has lots of check marks on the positive side. Unfortunately there’s never just a positive side.

Comment

Not once, but twice I have come out of the hotel into the parking lot to find an SUV (thankfully not mine) sitting on concrete pavers and the wheels/tires gone. Literally in broad daylight with a security guard roaming the parking lot. I am not a fan of the city.

Comment

was down there this weekend for a wedding, and my wife is from the Houston burbs. Her and I are both so glad we dont live down there...it was a miserable weekend TBH.

Comment

Only positive thing about Houston is MD Anderson and the Med center
                            The rest is all negative IMO

Insurance just called and I have a $500 comprehensive deductible
                            And the contents/ small tools are not covered

Are these bullet holes?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 10-26-2020, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                              Only positive thing about Houston is MD Anderson and the Med center
                              The rest is all negative IMO

Insurance just called and I have a $500 comprehensive deductible
                              And the contents/ small tools are not covered

At some point you need to get over it. It happens.

If you had caught the perps breaking into your truck and they shot you you would have ended up at Ben Taub.

They are pretty good so add them to your list.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                                At some point you need to get over it. It happens.

If you had caught the perps breaking into your truck and they shot you you would have ended up at Ben Taub.

They are pretty good so add them to your list.
                                I agree it could be worse outcome
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X