Why I don't use a feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I don't use a feeder

So here's why I just hand throw corn. I've lost feeders in the past. It does this at least two to three times a year. It's a roaring current when it's full throttle. The bordering property came in and installed a high fence along the east side of my lease years back. It has been taken out by full sized dead timber in the past, so now, the owner came in and replaced the flood zone with baffles (I guess u could call it) instead of the initial wire that was up. There's been many mornings when I've pulled into the property to go bow hunting, and seen the field look like a lake. It's 13 feet in some places when it comes up. Good thing is, the deer can escape when it's jammed open. I used to see many deer come from that way before that fence went up. It really sux. I'm not a fan of high fences, nor that unpredictable high water at times.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BowPro73; 11-08-2018, 06:01 PM.

I wouldn't put a feeder in an area where it floods either, just move it to an area that is not affected. the deer will come to it.

Comment

He's gonna loose that fence too eventually...

Comment

If he placed that kind of fence and it results in flooding on your property would he be liable for damages to your equipment as a result?

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Tex View Post
          If he placed that kind of fence and it results in flooding on your property would he be liable for damages to your equipment as a result?
          That type of water gap doesn't cause any flooding, it just allows the water to pass downstream as it did before the fence was ever built. It isn't a dam.

Comment

Interesting set up.

Comment

My place floods regularly. I have feeders everywhere. Gotta be smarter than the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladesgator View Post
                That type of water gap doesn't cause any flooding, it just allows the water to pass downstream as it did before the fence was ever built. It isn't a dam.
                Thanks for the info. Never seen something like that before.

Comment

It doesn't really sound like your upset about losing feeders but upset about the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                    I wouldn't put a feeder in an area where it floods either, just move it to an area that is not affected. the deer will come to it.
                    Really?

Comment

Hand corn is a better option anyway. I bet I dont buy 5 bags a year. In your situation I would not even consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by marlin man View Post
                        It doesn't really sound like your upset about losing feeders but upset about the fence.
                        Yes I hate that high fence. Nice deer used to freely roll through.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                          Really?
                          Yes, really. I've seen the high fence disappear under water form the high point with binoculars.

Comment

I don't use a feeder when I'm deer hunting East Texas, and it's has nothing to do with flooding

Comment

Rain run off is a sticky issue just about everywhere. I had a friend 20 years ago have to pump the rain water from his back yard to the street in Austin so as to not send his water to his neighbors yards.
                              When we bought this house I found out a couple of yards dumped to my yard. Simple solution dig two small ditches to make it go away fast.
                              If I was you I would find the two or three spots to dig to make it move on.....

Comment

Working...
                              X