Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
    No shoot list

Shoot list

What if there is a 5.5 year old buck that you never seen or have history with showing up, do you supposed to let him walk.

That is a different story there being that buck was not on the no hit list! Because apparently he wasn’t ever caught on camera are seen by anyone! If he took it on himself to say yeah he is 5.5 I’m shooting and he turns out to be only 4.5 well that’s another story !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In the past we have decided as a group that certain bucks should be passed up, but if he goes to another man's stand and gets shot, oh well. I don't think I would like a lease with lists like this. Sounds like corporate paperwork. As far as this deal goes, sounds like a mess. Just let him finish the year and don't ask him back next year.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Let me take a wild guess. You did not congratulate him or take his pictures and took your toys and went home
        And I wonder who is gonna get his stand once they kick him off

Comment

was he using a rage??

Comment

After reading all this all I have to say is thank God I have never had to deal with this drama or these types of rules. Take all the fun out of it if I had a certain list of deer I could shoot. Herd management is one thing, but WHOA! Just my .02

Comment

Comment

Wow! Reading this is a sad reality of what deer hunting has turned into in many cases. So many rules that you can't just go enjoy the outdoors without being worried about what you can or can't shoot. It's a deer! There's more of them, and will continue to be year after year. Take all your game cameras down and you won't have these problems. Just hunt and feel blessed for what shows up when you're there. We did it for years and didn't have these issues. No guarantee that deer even makes it to 6.5, or that anyone would ever see that deer again. Then what? Nobody gets to enjoy the harvest? If somebody is abusing a situation, or breaking the state laws put in place, then I get it and it should be addressed, but everybody has different reasons for hunting and why they are doing it. Deer with antlers make men act real funny. First world problems!

Comment

Sounds like your only rule is that a buck has to be 5.5. So when did y’all decide to put this 5.5 yr old on the no-shoot list? After the offending member already paid his money and put in the time and effort to have a stand set up? If the only rule prior to the season was that trophies must be 5.5, then he didn’t break a rule. Sounds like he did break a gentlemen’s agreement that you and the other lease members have regarding this one particular buck.. I see fault on both sides. Either way, he’s not a fit with your group evidently and y’all should move on your separate ways next year

Comment

I'm heading to my lease now.. Reading this post almost makes me want to turn around and go back home... I guess Some people dont have enough REAL problems!!!

Comment

Getting on a forum to ask "what do you think" on something like this makes it seem like you can't decide. Then as you post more it's pretty obvious you think he broke a rule. If that warrants kicking him off per the "rules", do it and go on with life. This thread is no different than any other "what would you do," thread where someone wants "opinions", then once you give an opinion, they want to debate it with you. Add in all the confusing details and it's no wonder everyone is lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                        We have a situation a Buck was shot that was on a no hit list but appears to be 5.5 which we said on the Rules bucks 5.5 and older are allowed!! But we had this buck on the no hit list because we thought he could get better next year at 6.5 !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        if you did not give him a specific clear photo of the deer and tell him not to shoot it, he did nothing wrong

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                          Getting on a forum to ask "what do you think" on something like this makes it seem like you can't decide. Then as you post more it's pretty obvious you think he broke a rule. If that warrants kicking him off per the "rules", do it and go on with life. This thread is no different than any other "what would you do," thread where someone wants "opinions", then once you give an opinion, they want to debate it with you. Add in all the confusing details and it's no wonder everyone is lost.
                          It's not that simple, looks like what "they" really want is to gossip and bicker at the lease because other members are ******. Some members were probably already mad because this member parked in their usual parking spot and helped them selves to some lunch meat in the fridge that was on the not for sharing list.

We don't really know if the deer was killed or even injured. All we know is that supposedly the guy took a shot at the deer which would generally be considered ok to shoot but in this special case might have been put on a list but had been discussed to not be put on the list.

I'm going to go give everyone I hunt with a freaking hug when I see them and bring some new community gear to share. Really glad I don't hunt somewhere like this.

Comment

So you do or do not have an up coming opening on this lease?

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                              So you do or do not have an up coming opening on this lease?
                              If so I bet one of these other members that is so ****** off probably has a guy that wants to get on.

Comment

This lease sounds like a pain in the arse. I go to my lease for fun with my friends, not to get into a battle over arbitrary rules made up on the fly over speculation of growth.

I honestly cannot believe that I read the whole thread without breaking out the Tito's.

Adios to this lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X