No announcement yet.

2018 Middle of North Texas Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmlogs said we got 0.9" yesterday in Murray. If everything shakes out, we are heading out this evening and hunting in the morning.

Comment

I made it out for the weekend. Sittin in the 80 acre blind. 76, 3-4 mph breeze. Prolly could care less if ole Ned comes by! Just great to be out.
      Need a cage on my feeder here. Dang wood peckers are landing on the motor ans stealing corn.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	24558693
        In between the rainstorms, Baylor Co.

Comment

Nice bobcat HW.
          Saw 5 bucks and 1 doe. Nothing special. What was special was not 1 skeeter. Never woulda thought that.

Comment

Saw 14 different bucks this weekend in Throck. Young bucks were starting work a few scrapes and try to push does around.

Had this guy well within range but he gets a pass for another year. Saw another lg 8 point that may get whacked.
            We finally have a lot of good bucks in the 3.5 yr old range. Im convinced the drought 4-5 yrs ago had very few fawns survive. Deer numbers over all look better and it’s nice to see the age class shaping back up
            Should be fun over the next year or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertx View Post
              Saw 14 different bucks this weekend in Throck. Young bucks were starting work a few scrapes and try to push does around.

Had this guy well within range but he gets a pass for another year. Saw another lg 8 point that may get whacked.
              We finally have a lot of good bucks in the 3.5 yr old range. Im convinced the drought 4-5 yrs ago had very few fawns survive. Deer numbers over all look better and it’s nice to see the age class shaping back up
              Should be fun over the next year or so

Nice one there!

Comment

Went out for a long weekend finally. Saw 38 bucks. Most were 1-3 year olds. Saw 3 mature deer. 135-140 type deer. One cull 4 point that had a 12-14 inch dagger on one side. Only saw 9 doe. There were very few skeeters too ! Only thing I killed was 2 older folding bag chairs that were rotten. Fell thru both rolled out like the athlete I used to be and sat in the mud for 2 hours! Had 6 deer within 7 yards of me which was really cool to me. All the pics are with my cell phone. After shrinking the size the quality went to heck! Filled most the feeders changed the times to work next week. Lots of fun. We are supposed to get our fields planted this week!!! That will be huge for us.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Abcdj; 10-29-2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

I'm heading to my place in Cottle Co Wed after work. Nobody has been there since we filled feeders back in September. I'm really looking forward to going and being able to go finally. Bowhuntertex, during the drought the first year I had 0 fawns on camera, and did not see any all season, and very few the next year, and I imagine the yotes took most of them out. We could drive down the back roads and see deer and cows laying dead in the fields, it was crazy. I am hoping to see the mature age class back like it used to be.

Comment

My daughter got her first and second deer, ever, both on Saturday. I’m tickled as can be.

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
                      My daughter got her first and second deer, ever, both on Saturday. I’m tickled as can be.

You Go Girl!!
                      Awesome Blossom
                      Congrats to both huntress and proud dad!

Comment

Congrats so far, everyone!

Comment

Atta girl!

Comment

Nice job Dad and congratulations to the young lady !

Comment

Anyone gonna be out in Crowell/foard county this weekend? I’m going from Thursday-Monday! Fiancé told me to get out of the house so she can study for her test. Don’t have to tell me twice. Really hoping the big boy that was showing up earlier in the year is still hanging around. Would love to put him down before rifle season. Will ATTEMPT to post pictures of I get anything this weekend.

Comment

Does he make135?

Anyone else breaking out the smoke pole this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X