Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living the land owner dream in Navarro County!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a pretty productive weekend, got food plots plowed and planted, interior of cabin finished out, cleaned up some and got all my posts set for front porch.

Food plots

I thin my neighbor noticed my nice food plots and my feeder. Now grant it the tripod is prob 150+ from fence but convienent it’s positioned to see my food plot and feeder thru an opening.
    It’s hard to see but u can see the black seat in the trees. I think he only rifle hunts so the cover in those mesquites is gonna get thin come November.

Comment

Living the land owner dream in Navarro County!

Man, you busted it and got allot done! Looks good.

You may have to look into planting some screening cover along the fence line.
      Last edited by Booner Sooner; 09-03-2018, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Inside of cabin
        Living area

Kitchen

Bedroom 1

Bathroom

Bedroom 2

Starts of the front porch

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
          You may have to look into planting some screening cover along the fence line.

Man really I didn’t think it was an issue and like I said he is at least 150yd so really nothing to complain about. The owner doesn’t hunt and he actually owns two parcels on two of my borders. His brother in law is the one that hunts and it seemed like most of his little hunting was in the other parcel. I guess he noticed my work this weekend. Saturday no tripod, today tripod.
          Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            Man really I didn’t think it was an issue and like I said he is at least 150yd so really nothing to complain about. The owner doesn’t hunt and he actually owns two parcels on two of my borders. His brother in law is the one that hunts and it seemed like most of his little hunting was in the other parcel. I guess he noticed my work this weekend. Saturday no tripod, today tripod.
            Oh well.

I hate to make it sound like I don’t trust people but I don’t trust people! [emoji12]

Seems like we hear stories about the cousin, brother-in-law, guest of the land owner, etc. making a bad decision. Your honey hole may be too tempting.

Comment

Exactly my thoughts when I saw it. Nothing to complain about until something happens since he’s not on the fence, heck I’m prob closer than he is but it’s only because my place is long and narrow. Will prob keep a trail cam over there just in case once season starts.

Comment

Also we left one end of container for storage so decked it with osb

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                  Couple updates, got most of the exterior metal on, just need to finish the trim and gutters.

Also finally got the inside spray foamed, ready to start drywall and finish all the mechanical.....finally!
                  Great idea, that is slick!!! cost effective as well

Comment

Well I dont know about the cost effective part, We saved on concrete under the containers and saved on the steel for the structure since we didn't have to use alot of red iron. In the end I would say we prob saved some with the containers and have a pretty durable living qtrs. It's been fun regardless. I'll be ready to do it again some day now that I have it somewhat figured out

Comment

Haven’t done an update in a while. Interiors of rooms are almost finished. Just need kitchen cabinets and restroom fixtures.

Comment

Also food plots are strong and have two blind setups

Comment

Got one hunt in so far with my oldest

Comment

so much fun to follow along! looks like a lot of fun on your end for sure! keep it up!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome progress Jack, lot of hard work is paying off. Place looks amazing! Goood luck on the hunting. Just seeing you with your daughter is what it’s all about.

Comment

Working...
                                X