No announcement yet.

Bad hornady ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never been too happy with Hornady loads. My new 270 is the first gun I've had that Hornady shot the best from, that being the American Whitetail. All other guns have shot cheaper rounds the tightest and most consistent. Hornady has never been a tight group shooter until now. I do, however, plan to try loading SST's when I finish purchasing all my reloading components.

Comment

If your gun likes them shoot them for some reason a lot of factory rifles don't have a fast enuf twist but you should check and see if the. Boxes you have are from the same batch they may of had a bad batch of primers contact. Hornady they should make it right

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        I had 2 out of 5 rounds I grabbed out of a new box of Hornady American Whitetails fail to fire, 243. I threw the rest of the box away.
        I also had problems with Hornady American Whitetail in .243, 2 FTF and one that fired but with very little velocity. Concerned as I have 2 boxes in 30.06 I haven't shot yet.

Comment

I have shot 2 boxes of SST's in my 25-05, super accurate and impressive on deer. No problems here.

Comment

I am a superformance fanatic. My tikka .308 gobles them up and puts groups less than 1 inch at 100 yards. I went through 6 boxes in .270 and 4 boxes in .308. Never had a single FTF , and have not missed when shooting at game.
            I wish the best of luck to you, and like mentioned already, contact hornady.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter28 View Post
              Call hornady and let them know. I shoot the sst's and never had that issue sir.

Seriously. There about a week slow to reply but they will. They'll take care if you.

Comment

funny just had a failer to fire hornady 243 american whitail. primer hit put back in rifle and fired in next hit

Comment

my ruger american groups them great

Comment

My son had 4 misfires in one box of the sst's. Had great primer strikes, box was brand new from big name store. He shoots a marlin 243 and will go back to the trusty core-locks which have never let either of us down.

Comment

They could have gotten a bad batch of primers. You definitely need to call and talk to them about it. They will definitely take care of you.

Comment

Never had an FTF, but I've also had problems with the Superperformance spraying rounds. I like the Hornady Custom ammo, but that Superperformance blended powder is just too unreliable for me.

Comment

I had 4 ftf out of the American whitetail. I called them and they were like "that sucks...bye".

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
                            I had 4 ftf out of the American whitetail. I called them and they were like "that sucks...bye".
                            Well, maybe they have gotten too big and don't care that much anymore. However, in their business they better care because someone could easily get hurt using their products that would cost them a lot of money. I guess the best thing to do if they won't take care of you then, is vote with your pocketbook and don't do business with them.

Comment

no problem with firing. just that they group about 8" to the right of my normal reloads and Remington Corlokts. Shooting .308 with 150 grain. Don't need the extra 200-300 fps, so I'll stick to my reloads and/or Rems.

Comment

Dang, surprised to see the same issue so much. I may try out some core loks next. Winchester was grouping well but not really trying to spend like $36 a box lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X