MB= 41
    Mass= 29.5
    G1’s= 10
    G2’s= 25
    G3’s= 13
    Width= 16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

im close to 130, shot 7 point (buck pictured in avatar) 2 seasons ago and he was missing a brow, he scored 128"

Comment

Great buck, congrats to the hunter!

Comment

Congrats to the both of you on some nice bucks. Looks like I had a swing and a miss.
          LOL

Comment

Since your so good at scoring deer on the hoof you don't even need to ask us guys anymore

Congrats on a couple nice bucks

Comment

How big is this East Texas 8?

Originally posted by Sika View Post
              Since your so good at scoring deer on the hoof you don't even need to ask us guys anymore [emoji3]

Congrats on a couple nice bucks

Lol Negative. I missed pretty good on my brow tine deer. I knew his beams were short but I offset it by his body size. Another lesson learned just stick with your gut. I’m just glad we actually put an end to the thread with a deer and actual numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

Lots of guys missed on this deer.y buddy just knocked him down. 12 and 13” g2’s. Scored 135 even. My big brow deer pictured with him

Very nice. I had a feeling that buck was going to be bigger. He had that look to him.
                Y’all did good. Heck of a weekend. Can’t beat two big 8!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                  Very nice. I had a feeling that buck was going to be bigger. He had that look to him.

Y’all did good. Heck of a weekend. Can’t beat two big 8!!!

Yeah Brandon. He was impressive in person. We are super happy. It’s a new lease after our last one sold, so for this quality of deer after coming in blind is very promising for the future!

Comment

Stinks that place sold but it sure looks like y’all found a good lease. Heck of a start.

Comment

120ish

Comment

Saw that deer on Facebook and had to come check here to see what he scored... just couldn't see how folks could get him under 130 with that frame. Folks just aren't accustomed to seeing 200lb whitetails and what the antlers look like relative to the head size. I made the same mistake on my daughters deer this year. It was a nontypical and tough to guage on a 204lb live weight deer. He sure grew a bunch once I cut the skull cap off though.

Did you get a live weight, and did you post a score on the long brow tine buck? Missed it if so.

Comment

Originally posted by capn View Post
                          Saw that deer on Facebook and had to come check here to see what he scored... just couldn't see how folks could get him under 130 with that frame. Folks just aren't accustomed to seeing 200lb whitetails and what the antlers look like relative to the head size. I made the same mistake on my daughters deer this year. It was a nontypical and tough to guage on a 204lb live weight deer. He sure grew a bunch once I cut the skull cap off though.

Did you get a live weight, and did you post a score on the long brow tine buck? Missed it if so.

We didn’t take a live weight, but both this 8 and the other had no fat on them. They have been running for weeks. I wouldn’t say they were run down yet but they were not like an early season deer. The tall deer was a very long and tall bodied deer. I agree with you, these big bodied easy Texas deer will surprise you sometime. Congrats on your daughters deer

The tall brow deer is around 137” I havnt had him taped for tbga yet but it’s going to be very close to that. He had real short beams, that I missed on. Everything else was great. Beams were 19”, brows were 8.5 and 9”

Comment

I would have missed on the tall brow deer for sure. The brows are so tall it makes the frame look smaller! Really cool deer.

My daughter shot her deer the Sunday of youth weekend and he was cruising. He only had one patch of fat on top of his hips and most deer on this property have a thick layer. He was just big bodied. Was teasing her about shooting a deer bigger than her and had to stop myself... she actually shot a deer bigger than me! Lol Need to get the rack by a tbga scorer, thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by capn View Post
                              I would have missed on the tall brow deer for sure. The brows are so tall it makes the frame look smaller! Really cool deer.

My daughter shot her deer the Sunday of youth weekend and he was cruising. He only had one patch of fat on top of his hips and most deer on this property have a thick layer. He was just big bodied. Was teasing her about shooting a deer bigger than her and had to stop myself... she actually shot a deer bigger than me! Lol Need to get the rack by a tbga scorer, thanks for the reminder.

I know a few tbga scorers if you need one. Yeah I just saw pics of hers. A really big body. Yes I would get it scored then plan on going to the convention. One of the coolest things I’ve been too for big deer in east Texas. Amazing to see the deer that everyone brings into lufkin for the show.

Comment

Great Buck! my numbers were a little different than the final ones. But I did score him at 135! I knew he was mid 30s all day. Congrats to the hunter!

Comment

Working...
                                X