No announcement yet.

Axis map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen axis in Tom Green also. Free range axis.

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
      Still waiting for them to show up in Blanco county!
      Saw 1 last year dead on the side of the road there.

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
        Still waiting for them to show up in Blanco county!
        A few ranches in central Blanco County "let" some escape back in the '60s and '70s, but they never seemed to really take hold in that country. We always had a few fallow as well, but they too were rather nomadic (or simply got shot out). Sika were pretty common in the rough cedar hills, but I haven't seen one of them on the old home place in years either. These critters all seemed to fade away without any specific effort to hunt them hard…and it didn't seem to be tied to any particularly bad drought cycle, either. Not sure what the problem was. I did enjoy seeing some around.

Comment

they live in the expensive part.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
            I've seen axis in Tom Green also. Free range axis.
            Oooh! What part?

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
              And be sure to hire a Realtor that understands your considerations...

Comment

Great realtor to use!

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                  I live a couple miles east of Boerne on hwy 46. Getting to the point we see more axis than WT. Doing our best to keep numbers in check. Killed one last night.
                  You need some help!!!!

Comment

Good luck on your looking. IF possible make sure your Realtor REALLY knows the area and what you are looking for. I was lucky and my realtor and her partner grew up in the area and knew everything I asked. They were looking at satisfying me and not just a commission. You wait a lifetime to get the perfect place so you don't want to waste time and money. If you end up in REAL county I have the perfect Realtor for you. Shawn Gray @ Frio Canyon Real Estate. Good luck.

Comment

From Sonora Texas down to Boerne Texas along the I-10 corridor.

Leakey, Rocksprings down to Concan along the Frio River valley.

North fork of the Guadalupe River above Hunt Texas

Last edited by AtTheWall; 10-15-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

about 15 yrs ago my great uncle turned some loose in chambers county (southeast tx). as far as I know, they were never seen again

Comment

Originally posted by atthewall View Post
                          from sonora texas down to boerne texas along the i-10 corridor.

Leakey, rocksprings down to concan along the frio river valley.

North fork of the guadalupe river above hunt texas

wow!!!

Comment

great advice. will also help you avoid areas with major issues like oak wilt, anthrax, small parcel sell off..

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                              From Sonora Texas down to Boerne Texas along the I-10 corridor.

Leakey, Rocksprings down to Concan along the Frio River valley.

North fork of the Guadalupe River above Hunt Texas

now that is a busy guy.....

Comment

We have them on our place in Gillespie County. About 4 miles off the river. The numbers definitely grow every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X