Is CPAP worth loosing the beard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    So then why do they make the full mask? Why would a doctor prescribe them because of the study? They mentioned it after my study.

[emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I too was a mouth breather until I used the nasal pillows. Some people probably will not adapt but there are other options such as cinch straps to keep mouth closed. I would at least try one and see. It's my observation that the ones who use the pillows stay with it longer.

Having said that, If I have nasal blockage it does make for an uncomfortable evening. But I'm willing to bet that an ENT could and should fix that part of the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
      one of the best adjustments I made, as well as my dad, is turn the ramp up- OFF. It was fine when you first lay down, but if you get up in middle of night to pee, then go back on machine, the ramp up again makes you feel like you are suffocating.
      I too turned the ramp up OFF

Comment

The loss of any beard is something to celebrate.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          The loss of any beard is something to celebrate.
          But is shaving the same as loosing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Lose, loose Okay my bad.

The Doc. changed the prescription to read mask of choice.
            I turned ramp off and like it better. (I also bumped the low end pressure a touch)

Doing the nasal pillows and I'm able to wear it all night without issues.

So the beard stays... for now.

Comment

Working...
            X