Is CPAP worth loosing the beard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Same....I made myself like it and get used to it because I knew it meant staying alive for longer. It took a couple days but I didn't quit. Now I can't sleep without it. It gets packed first before anything on trips.
    Yep, same here Smart.....in fact, I carry TWO CPAP's with me when I travel. ALL it took was having mine crap out on me once.... being forced to "sleep" ONE night without it sure taught me a lesson.

Comment

First really successful night with it. Scored a 92/100. I’ll get the hang of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
        First really successful night with it. Scored a 92/100. I’ll get the hang of it.
        Good to hear.

Comment

Yep, just a matter of time you won't be able to sleep without it.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
            Yep, just a matter of time you won't be able to sleep without it.
            That actually is my biggest concern. I don’t like the idea of becoming dependent on it.

Comment

That actually is my biggest concern. I don’t like the idea of becoming dependent on it.
              Once you realize what good sleep you are getting that will be the last of your worries. The correct mask makes all the difference.

Comment

Save up and buy a battery powered for emergencies.

You can sleep without your CPAP when the power goes out but you will feel the difference.

Comment

use nose pillows. I have beard and have no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatcutter View Post
                    use nose pillows. I have beard and have no problems.

You should read the whole thread..

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                      Once you realize what good sleep you are getting that will be the last of your worries. The correct mask makes all the difference.

Agreed. I don't care what it takes to sleep well as long as I do. Been on one since 2006.

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                      Save up and buy a battery powered for emergencies.

You can sleep without your CPAP when the power goes out but you will feel the difference.
                      I keep telling myself I need to do this but they are really, really proud of them. Since 2006, there has only been one time, I have needed it and that was at deer camp when we lost power at 11pm... That was a long night. Being inside a tin covered camp house, in low temps, with no booster due to electricity made for an even longer night without the internet to surf. I played blackjack for 6-7 hours on my phone until electricity came back on. Maybe they are worth it..
                      Last edited by Smart; 03-22-2020, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Nailed it last night. 100/100 score.
                        I still sit up in bed on my phone until I’m about falling over so I can nod off quicker.

Comment

I cannot even take a nap in the afternoon, in my recliner, without my CPAP machine. I've got to buy another one.

Comment

one of the best adjustments I made, as well as my dad, is turn the ramp up- OFF. It was fine when you first lay down, but if you get up in middle of night to pee, then go back on machine, the ramp up again makes you feel like you are suffocating.

Comment

My prescription specifies it has to be a full face mask to be covered by insurance
                              Have the insurance pay for the full mask and order the headgear with pillows yourself online. There about $100. I can't stand the mask.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Agreed. I don't care what it takes to sleep well as long as I do. Been on one since 2006.

I keep telling myself I need to do this but they are really, really proud of them. Since 2006, there has only been one time, I have needed it and that was at deer camp when we lost power at 11pm... That was a long night. Being inside a tin covered camp house, in low temps, with no booster due to electricity made for an even longer night without the internet to surf. I played blackjack for 6-7 hours on my phone until electricity came back on. Maybe they are worth it..
                                I've used it for backpacking and hunting trips where there is on electricity. Even used the solar panel with mine. That doesn't keep it from discharging over time but it does extend it a couple of days. a portable Cpap is all I use now.

Comment

Working...
                                X