Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is CPAP worth loosing the beard?

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    I got a chin strap with mine years ago. Never needed it. Nasal pillows pretty much force you to breath through your nose.

Here's what I use.

Same... on all counts including the mask

Comment

Lose the beard. It looks scraggly!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Dr. Mantooth..... one of your many expertise areas. [emoji2957][emoji41][emoji23]

I was a mouth breather due to apnea like most folks are because they have to be. . Nasal pillows made me a nose breather. ...The forced air through my nose made me not have to be a breather through my mouth. My information was based on that experience and my Dr. telling me it would happen..., Doctor. [emoji16]
        So then why do they make the full mask? Why would a doctor prescribe them because of the study? They mentioned it after my study.

[emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Prescribed for a reason.

Comment

I have tried several different kinds and this is the one I keep going back to for the last 10 years. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/dev...llow-cpap-mask

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              Prescribed for a reason.

I agree that under those circumstances it makes sense but in point of fact I took a sleep study at home and my PCP prescribed it without even talking to me much less ask if I sleep with my mouth open and my pressure is on the low side.

That said...

I was unsuccessful with the nose pillows last night. It's harder to get used to than I thought it would be but I'll try it a few nights before I draw any conclusions.

Comment

Run the hose up over the head board and down to you. It keeps the hose out of the way. Don't give up. I got plum serious about wearing mine when a friend of mine died from sleep apnea.

Comment

Run the hose up over the head board and down to you. It keeps the hose out of the way. Don't give up. I got plum serious about wearing mine when a friend of mine died from sleep apnea.
                  I already do that.

My nephew aspirated in his mask and died.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                    I don't think its life and death in my case but looking younger is a good argument.
                    Purdy......... love my CPAP

Comment

Originally posted by mattw097 View Post
                      Have you tried using just a nasal pillow?
                      I tried these. Mouth Breather. Resmed F20 rocks

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        Prescribed for a reason.

Come On Doc! ... A physician "MAY PRESCRIBE".

I was a person that breathed through their mouth, slept on my back and has a high pressure setting,... The first mask my doctor tried on me during the test was the nasal pillows. There is no set mask for set people.
                        Last edited by Smart; 03-19-2020, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Same....I made myself like it and get used to it because I knew it meant staying alive for longer. It took a couple days but I didn't quit. Now I can't sleep without it. It gets packed first before anything on trips.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                            I already do that.

My nephew aspirated in his mask and died.

Stick with it man! Whether it be with the pillows or minus the beard, it will come..

Comment

Lots of folks on here use CPAP.com to get their masks. You can usually find the same thing at half the price on Amazon. Mine is $120 on CPAP.com and $40 on Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Stick with it man! Whether it be with the pillows or minus the beard, it will come..

Comment

Working...
                                X