Mobile Home ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile Home ?

Looking to purchase a decent (not new) mobile home to place on our family land as a place to stay while hunting, get together, etc...
    Where’s best place to search for decent deals & decent quality ones? Good place to shop Repos? Just wondering where or methods some of y’all who have purchased as primary or secondary residence resourced?
    I’m in Tyler area. Looking for only single wide

I got lucky a few years ago at one of the local feed stores in Normangee. Found a lady who was wanting to upgrade and bought her used one for cheap. I ended up adding new doors, a handicapped shower for my parents and a couple other cosmetic items. All in was around 20k which is cheap if you try and price a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
      I got lucky a few years ago at one of the local feed stores in Normangee. Found a lady who was wanting to upgrade and bought her used one for cheap. I ended up adding new doors, a handicapped shower for my parents and a couple other cosmetic items. All in was around 20k which is cheap if you try and price a new one.
      Yeah that’s what I figured. I’m ignorant when it comes to buying a MH. Do they come with central heat/AC & water heater? I’m guessing it’s common they sale them with that included

Comment

I would get with some realtors and tell them to keep and eye out. Likely be your best bet to find one as they go on new properties all the time. My wifes aunt is a realtor and found one basically brand new, still had plastic on all the fixtures, that was two years old on a property and they bought it for like a third of what it cost brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Watch the secondary market. They sell cheap after only a few years

Comment

Just buy this one. Great price and spend the little extra to move it.

Comment

Most moblie home places sell used one or repoed ones.

Comment

We decided to get one as a group for the lease. I was put in charge of looking for one. I looked for one in the 5-8k range for a whole summer. Most all of them I looked at were trashed out and we didnt want to do much work on one. I had given up.
                One of our other guys had an emplyee getting married to a guy. This guy was trying to sell his house but couldnt sell it because his parents had put a mobile home on the property. No one wanted it there. We went and looked at it. It waz the nicest one I had seen by a long shot. He said if we got it off the property in a week it was free!
                It was at the lease the next week. We only had to move it 18 miles and that cost us $2500 for the move and set up. Our came with the AC unit too.
                Last edited by Abcdj; 03-08-2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Sometimes you can find deals on new ones that have set on their lot for a longtime. When you custom design one to get built the price goes up big time. Find a spec on the lot and make lower offers.

Comment

Use to work in the industry and sell them. New and used. 21st mortgage is a bank that finances mobile homes and they own quite a few repos. Actually at one time it was several hundred. You’d be surprised at how many newer ones they have. You can buy directly through them as well and that’s the best pricing you’ll get on a repo. If it’s sitting on a sales center lot, there is mark up on it over what the bank will sell it for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You’ll spend more on moving it than buying it.

Comment

I’m not gonna talk much on price at all. Pretty hardly ever means well built when it comes to mobile homes. The main deal you have to have is plywood floors. OSB,chipboard,dust floors all suck *** over the OMG run. Do NOT buy anything without plywood unless it’s so cheap you are ok with replacing it all with plywood. My family has made a killing in the business, we keep the ones with plywood floors (no matter the age or appearance) for our rentals.
                        Slap a metal roof on a plywood floored house and you are good to go for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                          Just buy this one. Great price and spend the little extra to move it.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=756399
                          I was planning to tell him about this one, you beat me to it. May be a little far away though. Lol

Comment

Big fan of antlers86. But tile doesn’t travel in a mobile home. You’d be looking at redoing the entire floor. But it looks built right. And the price is good. Epoxy works wonders on cracked fiberglass or plastic tubs for a weekend getaway.

Comment

PM inbound, I know a guy !

Comment

Working...
                              X