Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W lake level up to 17.65 feet above normal this morning.

A lake is up to 10.25 feet above normal.

Comment

Looks like Granbury opened it's gates up some more. Now releasing over 29,000 cfs. I'm gonna bet Whitney fills up again. Hopefully they will start letting water out of it before long. The rest of the lakes on the mid and lower Brazos are already beyond full. And they're not releasing much from them. If they don't open some of those smaller lakes up, there's gonna be some serious flooding on the mid and lower Brazos.

Comment

Lakes up!! Cedar creek pavilion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

W lake is up to 20.95 feet above normal. Now releasing 6,000 cfs.

A lake is 11.53 feet above normal.

Granbury cut it's release back to 20,900 cfs. PK still releasing over 16,000 cfs
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-12-2019, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Looks like we had similar ideas NannySlayer. Thanks for the pic! I was thinking about driving down today and taking a few.

Comment

I was there last week , its another year of flooding for us down there.

Comment

OK. Whitney sits at 22.17 feet above normal at the moment. And is now releasing over 16,000cfs. This is going to cause some real havoc down stream as the lower Brazos is already flooded. It crested at over 51 feet this past Friday. I've got another thread on the Brazos river basin in Around The Campfire.
                Granbury has cut it's release back to 16,000cfs. And PK has cut it's back to 8,000cfs. Lets just hope any rain we get this week or coming weekend, is minor.

A lake is 11.32 feet above normal and not releasing much. The catwalk below the dam should be good for sandies and crappie right now.

Comment

Striper fishing has been great this week!

Comment

Comment

Thanks for posting Nanners!

I usually stay home on this weekend, the 4th, and Labrador Day weekends. To many people on the water for me. Maybe I'll get to work this weekend.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

New to us boat, and nowhere to go. May head to Pat Cleburne this weekend and wet a hook. Also going to run the older boat prior to posting.

Comment

W lake is going down, little at a time. Down to 16.63 above normal.

A lake is 8.26 feet above normal.

Comment

W lake 11.49 feet above normal.

A lake 6.62 feet above normal.

Comment

Anyone got any insight on W lake Ramps? I saw a guy on the nolan in his rig when I walked in yesterday, but didn't think to ask where he launched. Hamm creek and all Corps ramps are closed. Heard gus's may be open but that's a long boat ride to where I want to be.

Comment

Might check WhiteBluff. I hear they are letting some folks in there now. And call around the other marinas to see if they have opened yet.

Water level is 10.59 above normal on the W lake at the present. And 6.14 above normal on the A lake at the present.

Comment

Working...
                                X