No announcement yet.

Weston’s surgery updates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super cool!! Been away in meetings all day and finally getting caught up! Glad he's doing good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to hear he's doing well. Those are some long hours waiting but the recovery is amazing to watch and knowing that his heart is working the way it's supposed to now a gift for sure.

Comment

Amazing boy with a couple of amazing parents. Continued prayers for you all.

Comment

Well not a bad night but not a great one. Weston was up for much of it, his tummy is still hurting. The meds and everything else have him stopped up and I can only imagine between the surgery and 3 drain tubes how much it hurts to push. We were watching cartoons when Dr’s rounded earlier and they didn’t spend long outside his door so I missed what they said other than we are moving out of ICU. Nurse didn’t catch everything either, she said she thought they said taking out drain tubes today but wasn’t sure. His output on tubes has been very low which is fantastic! If they pulled the drain tubes less than 48 hours after the Fontan surgery that would be AMAZING! He is finally sleeping and so is momma she was up with him for several hours last night. So far so good thank you everyone for the prayers! I know they work!

Comment

If they are pulling drain tubes, that is a great sign. The pulling of the drain tube, he only had one, was the worst part for my son. Just make sure the pain meds are fully on board before they start and make sure he understand that when it's over the pain will go away quickly. Once those drain tubes are out he will be a lot more moble and everything will be easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
              If they are pulling drain tubes, that is a great sign. The pulling of the drain tube, he only had one, was the worst part for my son. Just make sure the pain meds are fully on board before they start and make sure he understand that when it's over the pain will go away quickly. Once those drain tubes are out he will be a lot more moble and everything will be easier.
              Ya with the previous 3 surgery’s he’s only had 1 chest tube. With the Fontan because the lungs and other organs receive double the blood flow they are used to they put in 3. 1 chest and 1 on each side of the lungs because of leakage. It’s what makes the stay after the Fontan so long. I don’t think the nurse heard correctly earlier, I bet they will pull the chest tube and leave the other 2. His drainage is very minimal but I think it would be unheard of to pull the other 2 so quick. Even after they pull those 2 they normally observe them for 48 hours to see how drainage is.

Comment

sorry, I missed this being offscreen a few days but praying now for your little man and for a full recovery with minimized discomfort! Lord give the parents peace, comfort and energy too!

Comment

Glad to hear the surgery went well and the last two days have been great also. Hope it continues to go smoothly for him and y'all get out of there in record time.

Comment

Very busy morning today. Neck line out, rode bike 2 laps, walked 1 lap, 1 chest tube out. Now out of ICU and in a private RM. Chest tube helped stomach stop hurting some. He’s doing good, still not much of an appetite but he won’t blow away in the wind if he looses a little bit of weight. Here is a video of him on the bicycle.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_ImT4Rn1Ik"]C393B4E7 5878 4718 9737 46F19F5EFAA0 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

That is awesome Kurtis!

Comment

Cruising the halls - I love it!

Comment

Great news. Hard to keep a good man down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go Weston!!

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Awesome

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X