No announcement yet.

Somerville PHL 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the day off from hunting Somerville and fished Gibbons Creek. First time I haven’t caught a single fish out there. Water was low surprisingly...must have let a lot out in anticipation of all the rain. I really hope it doesn’t rain too much more and allows for a good white bass season on Yegua.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug1076 View Post
      Took the day off from hunting Somerville and fished Gibbons Creek. First time I haven’t caught a single fish out there. Water was low surprisingly...must have let a lot out in anticipation of all the rain. I really hope it doesn’t rain too much more and allows for a good white bass season on Yegua.

Crappie have been good in timber and brushpiles. Whitebass at the hot water discharge. Yes. I. Said. WHITEBASS.
      [emoji1689]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
        Crappie have been good in timber and brushpiles. Whitebass at the hot water discharge. Yes. I. Said. WHITEBASS.
        [emoji1689]

That’s awesome! Thank you

Comment

That’s awesome! Thank you
          Put here in flood zone this is not cool I'm kn week vacation and csnt get to stand so wma self.made blind in somewhat no flooded area it is

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
            Put here in flood zone this is not cool I'm kn week vacation and csnt get to stand so wma self.made blind in somewhat no flooded area it is

It’s tough hunting out there right now for sure with all the flooding. Any day spent hunting is better than being at work! Hopefully you kill something, good luck!

Comment

It’s tough hunting out there right now for sure with all the flooding. Any day spent hunting is better than being at work! Hopefully you kill something, good luck!
              Walked my butt off to find nothing but more water no more of that!!! Got to watch a nice 8 pointer on the property across the streak though

Comment

Does anyone have more info on the extended season for Sommerville running to the 20th. i called the GW earlier in the season to confirm and he all he said was "that is correct."

I just called a different GW for a public proprety in another county to confirm the same over there. He stated that " no, that doesn't sound right" and he would enforce the state seasons, not what the book said. I'm looking to get a firm grasp on why I can follow the seasons in the book in one part of the state but not another.

Now I'm second guessing hunting both properties outside of the general season.

Comment

Originally posted by Castblast View Post
                  Does anyone have more info on the extended season for Sommerville running to the 20th. i called the GW earlier in the season to confirm and he all he said was "that is correct."

I just called a different GW for a public proprety in another county to confirm the same over there. He stated that " no, that doesn't sound right" and he would enforce the state seasons, not what the book said. I'm looking to get a firm grasp on why I can follow the seasons in the book in one part of the state but not another.

Now I'm second guessing hunting both properties outside of the general season.

not all counties have a ML season. Lee does, reason why theyre letting us continue hunting. Dont sweat what a different game warden said for a different county.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks!

No problem bruh. [emoji1689]

Comment

not all counties have a ML season. Lee does, reason why theyre letting us continue hunting. Dont sweat what a different game warden said for a different county.

Which one of those emails is best to send my questions to?

Comment

Which one of those emails is best to send my questions to?

Hunt@tpwd.texas.gov

We (brother and i) were the ones who actually brought this up first to Lee Co GW. He said the same, doesnt seen right. Season ends on the 6th. We dug deeper and talked with State HQ. And had to educate the GW..

Thru my military career ive learned paper trail EVERYTHING.

Comment

Hunt@tpwd.texas.gov

We (brother and i) were the ones who actually brought this up first to Lee Co GW. He said the same, doesnt seen right. Season ends on the 6th. We dug deeper and talked with State HQ. And had to educate the GW..

Thru my military career ive learned paper trail EVERYTHING.

I couldn't agree more. Thanks for the info bud, I'll be sending an email in regards to the other property. I definitely want something in writing before I head out.

Comment

Been hunting somerville phl going on 10 seasons and never in this time have I had as much **** seen stolen on had **** stolen not just stands and cameras now netting,bow hanger,bow ropes......like good god people you want to hunt my stand by god go for it its there for a reason but to take **** grow up people!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
                                Been hunting somerville phl going on 10 seasons and never in this time have I had as much **** seen stolen on had **** stolen not just stands and cameras now netting,bow hanger,bow ropes......like good god people you want to hunt my stand by god go for it its there for a reason but to take **** grow up people!!!

That’s really messed up! Is it just bored locals going to steal stuff to sell or just to steal because they don’t have anything else to do?!?! It’s tough enough hunting out there with the flooding and tons of other hunters....shouldn’t have to worry about stuff getting stolen. I really have wanted to use game cameras out there but too worried they will get stolen. Hopefully karma will get them.

Comment

Working...
                                X