Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the "better" public land, guy?

Comment

Has anyone hunted here recently? Ive been spending some time out on T-wok trying to get my first hog. Im pretty new to hunting and really don't have anyone to to learn from so I'm trying to figure out everything on my own. I spent 2 full days out there last week scouting and saw lots of tracks and fresh rooting. Went back this weekend to a spot i liked however didn't see or hear anything, and instead got one of the worst cases of poison ivy/sumac I've ever had. What time of day are hogs usually moving this time of year?

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
        The deer and hogs are there, but so are the crazy people. From what I have heard the bucks that are seen there are pretty nice ones. I hunted one time and put up a camera for a couple of days, when I came back it was gone. And then while hunting I saw 3 people walk thru my setup still hunting. They were making a ton of noise and weren't going to see anything walking thru like they were. And all three of them walked within 30 yards of my popup and didn't care that they were ruining my hunt. Haven't been back since.
        your loss !!!!

Comment

Is this forum still active?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by birddogem301 View Post
            Is this forum still active?

It is now!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
              It is now!

There you go. I guess you’ll never know unless you ask!!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                It is now!
                It's pretty wet out there now. Some of my spots are under water. The hilltops should be good now though.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                  It's pretty wet out there now. Some of my spots are under water. The hilltops should be good now though.

It seems that the whole state of Texas is wet. I saw pictures of rivers running high in the junction area

Comment

I’ve been hunting twin buttes the last 3 yrs. first time ever hunting public land in TX. I live in El Paso tx and we don’t have public land close by for whitetail hunting. But, been looking at Tawakoni these couple of days so that I can’t add another week of hunting in my schedule. I’ve got 3 out of 5 weeks filled for hunting need to add a fourth!!!! I can’t get enough of it.

Comment

Here is a twin buttes buck that I was chasing last year. I hope he survived so that I can have another crack at him

Comment

Originally posted by birddogem301 View Post
                        It seems that the whole state of Texas is wet. I saw pictures of rivers running high in the junction area

Comment

Comment

I have a brother in law that lives in Dallas area. He lives in prosper so it doesn’t seem to be to far away from where he lives. Any good bucks in Tawakoni?

Comment

Anyone have any luck out here? I want to plan a camping trip and maybe do some bowhunting while I'm there.

Comment

I went out there a couple weeks ago during the day on the Duck Cove unit, walked around for a bit and got chewed up by mesquite thorns. Saw a ton of tracks, both deer and hog. Does anyone know of any parts of duck cove that have large enough tress to use a climber? Seems like the only way to hunt that out here is with a hang on stand or a ground blind. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Trying to figure out Texas Public hunting land, just retired after 20 years active duty in the military and moved back to Texas in September.

Comment

Working...
                                X