X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Football 2019 - Week 8

Old Southwest conference

While Texas D sucks, you still have to out score them to beat them and only two teams have to date and they’re both top 5 teams. So, is Texas really that bad? In the end, Orlando got schooled with his BS last night, he got out coached by a fella new to the spotlight. That’s an issue that can be addressed and fixed.

This can be fixed, but he better grow a pair and fix it...

Texas' defense is allowing 469.9 yards per game (453.3 before Kansas), which is the worst average in school history. Previous record was 452.6 yards per game in 2015. In addition, Todd Orlando’s defense is giving up an average 509.2 yards per game in the Big 12 this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Chad C; 10-20-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Texas may not be that bad. But, is "not that bad" acceptable now in Austin? Especially when Herman came in as the next big thing. And, received a lot of money to make sure Texas is back. Same in College Station.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        Texas may not be that bad. But, is "not that bad" acceptable now in Austin? Especially when Herman came in as the next big thing. And, received a lot of money to make sure Texas is back. Same in College Station.
        The money in those two scenarios is way different. Texas did not back the Brinks truck up like A&M did.

The season has to play out before judgement is made.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

What was hard to understand? He needs to fix his defense at all cost... obviously they can keep up with top 5 teams. Time to beat them and there are obviously changes that need to be made.

Not sure why anyone would think it’s acceptable.

Last edited by Chad C; 10-20-2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

It’s not that it’s acceptable to be “not as bad as it looks”, cause it’s fixable. Now if Herman doesn’t fix it, that’s unacceptable and ultimately will fall on him. Texas isn’t that far removed from only winning 5 games in a season, it’s a process to get back.

Every coach in America wrestles with the issue of loyalty / continuity of a staff vs underperformance. Supposedly he has these guys on one year contracts to make sure they are coaching for their future so it will be interesting to see what he does after the season. He has some weak spots on staff that he needs to address.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                Wow. 3-3 TCU is favored?

Nervous yet? I'm kidding, Ehlinger and crew will score 50 again this week. Worst TCU defense in GP era

Comment

Plus it's barely past the halfway point of year 3. If he fixes it and they go 10-2 everything is fine. If they fall apart and go 8-4 it isn't ok. Next year is critical. No conference title or playoff birth and he is in big trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    What was hard to understand? He needs to fix his defense at all cost... obviously they can keep up with top 5 teams. Time to beat them and there are obviously changes that need to be made.

Not sure why anyone would think it’s acceptable.

Don't totally disagree, but both of those games were not nearly as close as the score indicated IMO. It's NEVER acceptable, for any program!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                      It’s called multitasking...

The banter is from all the talk about how tu is back, final 4 team, best recruiting ever, etc... if you don’t like it join bigbad243..[emoji16]
                      Actually I am back! Hook Em’

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        Plus it's barely past the halfway point of year 3. If he fixes it and they go 10-2 everything is fine. If they fall apart and go 8-4 it isn't ok. Next year is critical. No conference title or playoff birth and he is in big trouble.

Why would he be in big trouble? It's clearly better than it was. At least he has a plan it seems like. The only thing that I see could stand in Hermans way is he is a bit stubborn sometimes. This is the difference between he and Riley IMO. For instance, if they play again Riley will have a different scheme and Herman will be determined to do the same thing as always, only better..

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                          Umm.....are you serious? What a poon

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            Don't totally disagree, but both of those games were not nearly as close as the score indicated IMO. It's NEVER acceptable, for any program!!!

They weren’t and yet, they both came down to an onside kick.

This defense sucks!

I’ll be hunting with the boy next weekend so I won’t be watching or even listening to the game in Fort Worth.

I’m sure TCU will have a Heisman contender by the time it’s over.

Last edited by Chad C; 10-20-2019, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                              Wait! You shot your mouth off and lost. Remember when you said horn was going to kick OU’s teeth in? 😂😂😂😂

Comment

I’m partial to SMU my neighbors/friends son is a coach . I think it’s great their program has majorly improved

Comment

Working...
                                X