This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
    believe me, i wish it were okie state. i hate those yankee teams.

Here , let me correct you

tOSU
    LSU
    bama
    OU

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
      How many times was he sacked last night? I didn’t get to watch all of game.

4 sacks and 3 QB hurries. He took a pretty good beating on some throws he got off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
        4 sacks and 3 QB hurries. He took a pretty good beating on some throws he got off.

Wasn’t Erik McCoy the only olineman that didn’t return? Don’t understand how it got so bad.

Comment

Wasn’t Erik McCoy the only olineman that didn’t return? Don’t understand how it got so bad.

New OL coach and prater taking over at center for McCoy is a huge downgrade.

True FR right guard

Comment

McCoy was a huge loss. Just how good was he? He has currently graded out as the 4th best Center in the NFL through week 6 as a rookie.

Comment

I’m not a mond fan, but..... this OL is so bad that mond is taking too much heat.

Now that he’s starting to use his legs and run, it’s opening up some things and if we had a good OL we’d be winning some games with him.

He’s not a play maker, but he’s good enough that we’d be fine if this **** OL wasn’t horrendous

I agree, if we had a somewhat decent run game the offense would probably be a lot better, it also doesn’t help our biggest playmaker as a WR has been a freshman TE that’s just now getting into stride. I can’t for the life of me understand why we insist on getting the ball to Rogers on 3-4 yard down field passes, that guy cannot get a single yard after the catch to save his life. Now the play in the end zone was great and he’s good for that, but other than that Rogers isn’t that good of an asset to the team

Comment

I can’t understand why no team in the Big 12 can field a Defense. I just looked up rankings and stats and it’s not good.

Comment

Losing your center can screw up the whole offensive line. He’s usually the signal caller. Losing a center the caliber of McCoy can really screw things up.

Comment

New OL coach and prater taking over at center for McCoy is a huge downgrade.

True FR right guard

As well as a FR TE and a FR RB that is learning on the fly to pick up blitzes, that’s another thing you don’t think of much, but Traveon (sp) was a heck of a blocker in the backfield

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      I can’t understand why no team in the Big 12 can field a Defense. I just looked up rankings and stats and it’s not good.
                      It doesn't help that they play each other with alot of high powered offenses. There were some OOC games this year that kinda proved that point.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

This was your typical Herman game. Texas gets up 14-0 and is on the way to blowing a team out and then stupid plays / decisions lets the other team get back in it, so its a dogfight into the end. The only positive is Texas has been on the winning side of these games the last two years for the most part.

I know Texas is banged up, but Orlando's scheme is causing Texas to get gashed for big plays. They are great for a couple of plays and then give him a huge play. Herman didn't help by giving KU the ball at midfield twice on missed 4th down plays.

In the end, I think the issues can be cleaned up. Texas moves on to TCU at 5-2 with all the season right on track and all the goals still right in front of them. I did see that Vegas has opened with TCU as 2.5 point favorites, so looks like they are not giving this team anymore benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          It doesn't help that they play each other with alot of high powered offenses. There were some OOC games this year that kinda proved that point.

Same thing in the Bowl Games and how the Big 12 defenses held the other teams below their average in yards and points. Stats don't mean anything if you don't take into account the number of plays faced.

There is a big difference in facing 100 plays vs 65 plays. That pace of play is going to wear down any defense and naturally give up more yards when you face that many more plays. That was my point talking about stats don't tell the story.

Comment

Cant believe Texas didn't dropping in the AP after that close game.

Comment

College Football 2019 - Week 8

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                              Cant believe Texas didn't dropping in the AP after that close game.

Teams typically don’t get punished when they win. It’s the fans that overreact.
                              Last edited by Heath; 10-20-2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Wow. 3-3 TCU is favored?

Comment

Working...
                                X