Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got out yesterday afternoon/evening and hunted a bit. Ended up somehow forgetting my main treestand strap so I was grounded. Sat in some spots with good sign but didn't see any deer. I did bump what I think was a big buck in an amazing bedding location. It's back was against a steep drop off into water, wind across it's face with vision looking down the only trail possible. These public land bucks are crazy smart and a very fun challenge!

Comment

Originally posted by Riemachine View Post
      I got out yesterday afternoon/evening and hunted a bit. Ended up somehow forgetting my main treestand strap so I was grounded. Sat in some spots with good sign but didn't see any deer. I did bump what I think was a big buck in an amazing bedding location. It's back was against a steep drop off into water, wind across it's face with vision looking down the only trail possible. These public land bucks are crazy smart and a very fun challenge!
      If ya ever see a red Ranger single cab, with a Mathews, Texas Tech, Scentblaster sticker on the back window, I keep a bag full of extra ratchet straps,hoist ropes in a bag with me. Id let ya borrow 1 or 2 to get your stand up if needed

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I shot a doe and I think my target buck was hiding in the bushes can’t be positive it was him though. The shot wasn’t great think I got one lung and liver. Blood got sparse so I’m going home for a bit and coming back with better lights.

Comment

Well I shot a doe and I think my target buck was hiding in the bushes can’t be positive it was him though. The shot wasn’t great think I got one lung and liver. Blood got sparse so I’m going home for a bit and coming back with better lights.

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
            If ya ever see a red Ranger single cab, with a Mathews, Texas Tech, Scentblaster sticker on the back window, I keep a bag full of extra ratchet straps,hoist ropes in a bag with me. Id let ya borrow 1 or 2 to get your stand up if needed

Thank you! I appreciate that! Next time I will try and forget something less important. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
              Congrats! Hope you find her!

Comment

Well I wondered around out there for 3 1/2 hours and couldn’t find her. Blood only went about 20’ from where I left off before I couldn’t find another drop. So I started grid searching as best I could with all the brush. Tried to follow the deer trails all around the area, searched the bedding areas and everywhere I could think of. No deer and no more blood. The coyotes were yipping in two or three spots while I was there. Idk if they found her yet or if she’ll live, when I watched the video it’s hard to tell if the shot was fatal or not. I can see ift on the camera but it’s to dark on bigger screens. Pretty bummed out and pretty tired, I just bought lumenoks and installed them and I fear they made my arrow drop I’ll check it tomorrow morning to find out.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Ender. Better luck next time.

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
                    Sorry to hear that Ender. Better luck next time.
                    Plus 1

Comment

Always stinks to lose a deer. Keep after it though.

Comment

Hopefully I can get out of this dang state of oklahoma in Time to put corn out friday so I can hunt this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                          Hopefully I can get out of this dang state of oklahoma in Time to put corn out friday so I can hunt this weekend.
                          I would put it out on the morning of the hunt Justin, those pigs are highly active at night in my spot.

Comment

Well if one of the dang hogs would slip up and come out in the daylight ide shoot it aswell.

Comment

Thinking about trying to make a all day sit tomorrow in my normal spot

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                                Well if one of the dang hogs would slip up and come out in the daylight ide shoot it aswell.
                                Funny thing happened this afternoon, I walked up on a pig on the way out. I could have shot it if I’d had my wits about me, I thought it was a dog at first because it wasn’t skittish about me walking by. If I’d stopped earlier and took my pack off and crept up it would have been easy to shoot him. Hell I was 7 yards from him before he realized I was there. But I was all rain geared up and by the time I got the poncho off he had already noticed me and turned tail.

I plan on an all day hunt tomorrow as well BA I’ve got two great bucks out in daylight especially when it’s cold out. The one for my north wind spot is my second choice but I’ll take him if he comes out tomorrow if not I’ll be in my south wind stand Friday and that buck is absolutely gorgeous 14 scorable points non typical and a lot of palmation. My favorite kind a funky rack. Also just so everyone knows the rut is started, the buck that was hiding in the bushes the other day was chasing the doe I shot. He barely spooked when I shot her and still followed her around after the shot. He was barely aware anything happened. Good luck out there, be careful

Comment

Working...
                                X