Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely!! This to shall pas...gun season opened up so dose mean a few less folks out there

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Regular gun deer season starts next weekend. This is youth deer and duck weekend though.

Comment

Oh ok, also explains why there isnt alot of people, out with the kids hunting on places that allow youth hunters

Comment

Anyone know if the access to h-11 right by harbor master still accessible? Water was getting close to road earlier this week

Comment

Nothing like two jacklegs walking around in the woods messing up everyone’s hunt rattling and grunting like they’re going to see something. Walking all around my buddy and through his set up. He said something but they couldn’t see him. Then later he screamed at them lol! Nothing but a squirrel and some crows so far here.

Comment

Ahhh the good old mega deer callers. I had a guy one year that hit the grunt every 30 seconds for a good three hrs straight.

Comment

Isnt little early for grunting and rattling?

Comment

I personally have never had luck out there rattling. But bucks usually breed in the area from mid oct to late nov.

Comment

Grunts are vocalization. Deer grunt and bleat year round.

Comment

Yeah I just don’t see you stalking high pressured deer out here. Only thing your going to do is ruin a lot of people’s hunts and make some people mad.

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
                        Nothing like two jacklegs walking around in the woods messing up everyone’s hunt rattling and grunting like they’re going to see something. Walking all around my buddy and through his set up. He said something but they couldn’t see him. Then later he screamed at them lol! Nothing but a squirrel and some crows so far here.
                        Reminds me of one day last year. Was geared up and getting ready to head in when a truck pulled up next to me to park. 3 folks inside smoking with the windows up, they get out and all three of them had rattling antlers and grunt tubes. Asked them which way they were heading, then went the opposite direction. Still heard them talking (loudly) on their way in and back out two hours later. Was about to line up a shot on a doe when their exit noise spooked her. Just called it a day after that. The challenges of public hunting...

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                          Grunts are vocalization. Deer grunt and bleat year round.
                          Oh ok. Always thought rattling and grunting was a rut thing. Welp, learn something new everyday.
                          Dose suck though people being obnoxiously rude in the deer woods though. Ive used a grunt tube, and rattle bag a few times. But Ill blow 3 4 times in a row, or rattle the bag like 10 15 seconds. Then I stop for 30 45 minutes before I try again. Cant say Ive had much luck with it neither, so probably used it 3 times or so and Im done with it for the day

Comment

I watched a video not long ago (I think it was Dave bartylla) he said on these very high pressure deer it’s better to not go full fight rattling, but rather just do a sparring sequence like you would early season. That’s my plan this season just a bit of light tickles and see what happens.

Comment

Good news yall. Grandbury has cut it's release back some more to 8685 cfs. But PK is still releasing 8475 cfs.

W lake level is 13.80 above normal. It actually peaked a little higher the last 24 hours. But dropped back down.

A lake is still dropping and down to 5.68 feet above normal.

Comment

Been sitting all day today. Probably tomorrow and Thursday and Friday as well. Got busted early this morning about 8am while I was setting up my camera. Haven’t seen nor heard anything since then. I’m starving though lol forgot to pack a snack this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X