Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question for those that have been hunting public for a while regarding corn... I usually hunt mornings, getting to my spot about an hour before daylight, making my approach from downwind of where I expect the deer to be. Ideally, I would put out corn a day or 2 in advance but that does not always happen. So the question is, would you walk out into the hunting area the morning of the hunt to put out corn?

Comment

I always take a gallon zip lock full of corn in case they clean up the corn at night. I have never had a problem doing it. But I do spray down with scent eliminater before I go to my spot

Comment

I do the same as Justin, take a zip loc bag with corn and toss it (or if my nephew gos with me to sit, he LOOOOOVES to throw the corn,lol)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

A gallon zip lock bag works perfect for taking corn out during a hunt. Just enough to stop em and if your lucky distract them long enough to give you a shot opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
            We were crappie fishing under the bridge then went after striper. But only managed one sandbass and a few crappie
            Off the bank or were you able to launch somwhere? Kayak?

Comment

W lake is 13.24 feet above normal and still rising. Releasing at 20,315 cfs.

A lake is 9.01 feet above normal and dropping. Release has cut back slightly to 2440 cfs.

PK and Grandbury continue with they're release. PK at 16,710 cfs and Grandbury at 27,240 cfs. I expect the W lake to continue rising for a little while.

Comment

Looks like everything is still wet, muddy and flooded. Tried to go do a hunt this afternoon, got turned around back home

Comment

Is anyone gonna try and get out this weekend? I took Monday off and am trying to decide weather to give W lake a shot or some family land in Copperas Cove that might be less flooded. Any chance it might dry up a little between now and Monday?

Comment

Originally posted by Riemachine View Post
                    Is anyone gonna try and get out this weekend? I took Monday off and am trying to decide weather to give W lake a shot or some family land in Copperas Cove that might be less flooded. Any chance it might dry up a little between now and Monday?
                    H1 and H2 where flooded, along with the area just past Arnold Stone, forget what unit number that is on the Nolan River. Just remember its there from fishing down there this past spring break and asking someone on here about it

Comment

Im going to be there in the morning and my area is a mud pit.

Comment

No one is out here today.

Comment

I went yesterday morning stayed till about 1030 didn’t see anything the creek is pretty full of but I was able to get out there. Probably gonna stay away from my primary spot till Thursday or Friday when the cold front comes in. May hit some of my old spots and see what I can do with the decoy. I leave for work right as peak rut swings in but what can ya do?

Comment

PK has cut it's release back to 8,000 cfs! Yeah!

Grandbury has dropped it's release to 18,900.

The W lake is 13.79 feet above normal and still rising despite releasing 20,391 cfs.
                            I expect it will continue for a little while longer, if PK and Grandbury don't get any more rain. And the smaller lakes on the lower and middle Brazos are able to get they're levels down.

A lake is 7.96 feet above normal and still dropping with a release of 2,408 cfs.

Waco and Belton are the two most flooded smaller lakes on the lower and mid Brazos, with Stillhouse in 3rd place at 13.34 feet above normal and rising. These three lakes need some relief.

Comment

Im just ready to go hunting already!!! Was very depressing wasteing time and gas to get down there yesterday and have to turn around and drive right back home

Comment

Hunting is hard enough, flood dam sure doesn’t help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X