No announcement yet.

Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I make it a point to whiz wherever I'm hunting. Deer like to check out any urine smell.

Comment

Nope

Comment

I will pee anywhere in the woods as it's more likely to attract the attention of deer then spook them. I've peed in many scrapes and made scrapes with my pee over the years with game camera's on them and I've had bucks hit them with in a hour after me peeing in them. Heck, on Sunday I peed from my stand that is about 17ft in the air and had a mature buck come in and smell it and then he went back to feeding.

Now when I hunt out of a blind, I pee in a 32oz Gatorade bottle because I sure don't want the pee inside the blind and I'm not opening it or getting out to pee.

Comment

Deer definitely smell ****. I keep a gallon jug with me just encase.

Comment

Heck yea, pee from your stand. Just don't pee where you'll be climbing down touching it or stepping into it. As long as you don't pee right where the deer will be traveling you will be alright. Deer don't spook from just plain ole pee.

Comment

Done it several times and never noticed a difference in deer movement.

Of course I hunt in East Texas where there are no deer so maybe that's why....

Comment

Originally posted by riverrat1 View Post
                not at all. I do it all the time. Deer don't care.

I'll video it next time for proof
                haha

Comment

I always drink a Vanilla milkshake the night before, so I have Vanilla sweet pee in the morning of the hunt. Of course I don't think you can do that on public land.

Comment

I have a bottle most of the time for pure convenience especially if deer are around. Otherwise it's all p---ing in the wind for me. Well with the wind if I can, you know what I mean.

Comment

I peed in a scrape sunday morning and put a camera up. I"ll let you know the results.

Comment

I pee in west texas but not in east tx. In east tx I pee in a bottle, which also then doubles as a body warmer on cold days.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          I peed in a scrape sunday morning and put a camera up. I"ll let you know the results.

LOL... only you Chew... just dont film the act please...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
                            Oops...I guess that's why Youtube took it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
                              I caught my buddy peeing in one of the scrapes last year I had a camera on after telling him I pee in the scrapes. No, I didn't save the picture so don't ask. LOL Here is a pick of a buck using the scrape the same day he peed in it. The bucks left foot is in the scrape.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I had a couple beers at lunch one day then got in the stand for evening hunt. 30 minutes later had to go so got down and made a new scrape 10 yards from my tree. There weren't any scrapes in the area until I made mine. The next morning there was another scrape close to mine and I killed a doe that morning.
                                If you got to go, make the most of it.

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X