No announcement yet.

23 yrs ago today ... a small testimony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing Blake. I do believe God puts people in places for a reason even if they are not aparent at the time. Great job.

Comment

I am speechless Blake. I knew when I first met you there was something special about you. I am glad you made your turn and things are going your way. Congrats and good luck on continued sobriety. God Bless

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting Consult View Post
        Blake WOW. Thanks for sharing. I cant see how it would offend someone. But only uplift anyone who reads it. God Bless you.

PS what happened to Paul? Have you stayed in touch with him?

after getting sober, Paul went to LSU and got a degree in Petroleum Engineering . He worked for Texaco, Chevron , and recently bought an oilfield service company . He is married with 4 kids and is doing very well

He and I still keep in touch weekly as his company buys alot Ragin Blaze Seasonings for his clientelle and cookouts.

Paul was never a hunter or outdoorsman in HS. He was to busy getting loaded and chasing women. Several months ago he told me he bought a bow and rifle. He is fired up about hunting and invited me to this amazing Lodge in the Black Belt Region of Alabama to cull does and hogs. GOD is good

Comment

We love ya Blake!

Comment

Reminds me of that scene from "Water Boy" ,you know, you being a cajun and all....."You can do it!"

Except you "did" it!

Comment

Thanks for laying it out there Blake, the Coke's are on me at Bownanza in a few months.

Comment

Awesome testimony there Blake. Stay strong Brother!

I've lived in an alcoholic household and seen the effects excessive alcohol and drugs can have on a person and a family. It can be devastating. Congratulations Sir!

Comment

Congrats to you!! God is GREAT!!

Comment

Thank you for sharing, I hope that this testimony touches many people here on the GS, as it has me...once again thank you and God bless!

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
                      Blake you have shared this story with me a couple of times, well parts of it, and every time I am amazed! Even though I didnt know you then, I feel great pride for you. You recognized your problem, sought help, and turned your life around. I cant imagine what it was like to confess all of this to your parents when you were 19!

You are one of the best men I know, and I'm proud to call you my friend!
                      x2! Thanks for sharing! God Bless! Looking forward to more cajun cooking

Comment

Great testimony Blake!

Comment

Proud to hear you are a sober man, I drink every once and a while, but get heckled by my wife and friends when I don't, I feel like I have just as much fun not drinking as they do.

But on a lighter side of things, you have forced some people into addiction on this website with your Rajin Blaze!!! I have not tried it yet, but will be soon!

Comment

Wow. I am very impressed on two fronts: 1.) That you have turned it around in a big way and are successful, and 2.) that you have the guts to put it out there in an attempt to help another.

That is pretty much my definition of a man right there. Your Man Card cannot be revoked Blake....

Comment

Way to go, that is awesome.

Comment

Good stuff Blake.

Comment

Working...
                                X