Sand bag rifle rest for blind window? or more BOG pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm updating all of my set ups. Converting all my old wooden blinds to Ranch Kings and Krivoman's. Muddy blind chairs. Putting Mr. Buddy heaters in all the blinds a few at a time. Adding noise canceling ear pro to rifle blinds as permanent party.

Any recommendations on sand bag rifle rests for the windows of the rifle blinds?

I have one BOG pod, but it takes up space, I was thinking about sand bag rests instead, although not as steady...any recommendations on products? or other products to fill the blinds with?

Good ol fortune cookie. I use my tripod to hold my binoculars and the rifle rests on the fortune cookie in the window ready to go

Based on the design of one of the first bags WieBad designed in 2010, the Dissected Range Cube(DRC) Fortune Cookie is a multi-purpose bag. The Fortune Cookie works great as both a rear and front bag. Developed to meet the increasing demands of PRS style obstacles, its use provides stability and more accurate shot placement as a result of creating a solid shooting platform on the most demanding obstacles.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a photo from a few years ago. With a detachable mag like in the picture you can lean into the rifle making it very solid and stable.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by TheWidowMaker; 11-16-2022, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Fortune Cookie in my rifle blinds. Although I think they are the mini version.

Comment

If you have a shelf by your windows.

Comment

We only shoot out to 200 or so so the little flip over sand bag rest do just fine..

If I would have hit the powerball a couple weeks back... kopfjager abush set ups. Good for rifle and crossbow.

The Kopfjäger Ambush’s design provides a solid solution to fighting fatigue and ensures a precise shot while inside your deer blind. The Ambush Support Assembly also features a camera thread adapter that allows you to mount a Reaper Grip Rest or Reaper Rail System.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got a Protektor leather front “straddle” bag. Made for windows. Loved it so i got my dad one for Christmas last year. $30 or so

Comment

I build a rest that set on the window ledge that has an adjustment screw. I use two small sand bags. It’s as steady a rest as you can get.
                Attached Files

Comment

As far as other items/ideas for the blind, i think the most helpful thing i started using was one of the tap on tap off lights i stuck under the shelf. Big help not having to hold a flashlight and I’m not big on headlamps.
                  And i don’t know if you’re into tracking data, but i enjoyed writing down what i saw and the weather each hunt.

Comment

That’s pretty slick T-roy

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                      So I'm updating all of my set ups. Converting all my old wooden blinds to Ranch Kings and Krivoman's. Muddy blind chairs. Putting Mr. Buddy heaters in all the blinds a few at a time. Adding noise canceling ear pro to rifle blinds as permanent party.

Any recommendations on sand bag rifle rests for the windows of the rifle blinds?

I have one BOG pod, but it takes up space, I was thinking about sand bag rests instead, although not as steady...any recommendations on products? or other products to fill the blinds with?

Best thing I’ve ever done was upgrade my blinds. Have heater buddies in mine also and just put 3 saddle sand bags to throw in the windows.

I Carry a wiebad bag to each blind to help if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Last edited by Black Ice; 11-16-2022, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Still using sandbags but I seldom rifle hunt anymore.

Comment

Heater- hole cut in side with water hose (pisser). Foot stool and forget the commercial blind chair- Get a nice office chair with arms and recliner option.

Comment

Originally posted by TXraiderTK View Post
                            That’s pretty slick T-roy
                            Yes sir it is. It’s all aluminum and light weight. If your blind is tight you can hang it on the inside lip of the window. This puts most of the rest outside the blind.

Comment

Get a fortune cookie or a schmedium

Comment

Working...
                              X