Grapevine Hunting 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grapevine USACE View Post
    Hunters: We have made all calls for the 2022-2023 Deer Lotto. So if you didn't hear from us or have a voicemail from us they you were not drawn. We understand the system we had to implement in 2020 is not a fan favorite and based off old thread it seems most would like it where you got a tag number and we post results. That one is a little harder to do since applications are emailed in. But we are already thinking of how to improve the system for next year. Quick question.... how would everyone feel about doing a live draw in person next year? Just trying to get some feedback from you hunters to see what you thought?
    Please bring back the re-draw for unissued permits.

Comment

Scouted the Vine today, took a leak, looked up and noticed a camera pointed in my direction... If you're on here, sorry about that. I seriously had no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
        scouted the vine today, took a leak, looked up and noticed a camera pointed in my direction... If you're on here, sorry about that. I seriously had no idea.

[ATTACH]1102972[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1102973[/ATTACH]

All in fun bud!

Comment

Longest, loudest, windiest hovering bird I've ever seen! Another fine day on the vine!

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grapevine USACE View Post
            Hunters: We have made all calls for the 2022-2023 Deer Lotto. So if you didn't hear from us or have a voicemail from us they you were not drawn. We understand the system we had to implement in 2020 is not a fan favorite and based off old thread it seems most would like it where you got a tag number and we post results. That one is a little harder to do since applications are emailed in. But we are already thinking of how to improve the system for next year. Quick question.... how would everyone feel about doing a live draw in person next year? Just trying to get some feedback from you hunters to see what you thought?
            If you are basing the allotted permits each year (250) as though each will be issued because the deer population can support, you really hurt the hunters that don’t get drawn by not giving out the permits that are not picked up or that would have been up for a re-draw.

Give all of the permits out, whether it’s a re-draw or a first come first serve for the remaining permits.

I’d also like to see published the total number of permits drawn vs issued. Reading the past surveys, it’s very apparent the deer population can support more harvest.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy3-17 View Post
              Last year was my first out there and that was one of my biggest struggles initially...finding a decent access point that led to something.

I finally found a couple but am still trying to find access to other areas. Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
              I’ve had good luck finding animals by entering trophy club park and heading west towards the high school. Also the west side of 377 all over the south eastern corner, lots of action to be had there.

Comment

Originally posted by JD81 View Post
                I’ve had good luck finding animals by entering trophy club park and heading west towards the high school. Also the west side of 377 all over the south eastern corner, lots of action to be had there.
                Woooaahh let's pump the brakes on spot talk please. Official public stance is there are no deer on the vine

Comment

Originally posted by Wile E. View Post
                  Woooaahh let's pump the brakes on spot talk please. Official public stance is there are no deer on the vine
                  Lol. Nothing wrong with pointing someone in a general direction, he’ll have plenty of work ahead of him, putting one on the ground out there isn’t a piece of cake.

Comment

I definitely wasn't looking for spots! Found plenty last year! And no, there are no deer at Grapevine. [emoji16]

Does anyone know if the blocked road next to DFW Adventure park is private or is there access to the property there?

Comment

Lol. Nothing wrong with pointing someone in a general direction, he’ll have plenty of work ahead of him, putting one on the ground out there isn’t a piece of cake.
                      I scouted early last year on the east side of 377, but did all of my hunting on the west side. If there were deer and hogs out there, I would've shot a spike and a hog last year. [emoji6]

Comment

Well, I don't want to get into an argument on this thread, but I think there is something wrong with talking spots even vaguely. Anyone who googles gvine hnting is going to find this thread, and the areas you mention will see increased traffic even if those guys don't kill anything. Also, fwiw, unless something has changed I think that access with a bow from trophy club park is legally grey at best.

You're right though, it's a tough place to hunt. Good luck this season

Comment

I think there is something wrong with talking spots even vaguely.
                          [emoji849]

Comment

If you are basing the allotted permits each year (250) as though each will be issued because the deer population can support, you really hurt the hunters that don’t get drawn by not giving out the permits that are not picked up or that would have been up for a re-draw.

Give all of the permits out, whether it’s a re-draw or a first come first serve for the remaining permits.

I’d also like to see published the total number of permits drawn vs issued. Reading the past surveys, it’s very apparent the deer population can support more harvest.
                            100 percent agree

Comment

Well, I don't want to get into an argument on this thread, but I think there is something wrong with talking spots even vaguely. Anyone who googles gvine hnting is going to find this thread, and the areas you mention will see increased traffic even if those guys don't kill anything. Also, fwiw, unless something has changed I think that access with a bow from trophy club park is legally grey at best.

You're right though, it's a tough place to hunt. Good luck this season
                              The east boundary runs right up to Trophy Club park.

You just have to be aware of how far from the park you are before you can hunt.

Comment

The east boundary runs right up to Trophy Club park.

You just have to be aware of how far from the park you are before you can hunt.
                                My thinking is that in the 10 yds between the truck/parking lot and the boundary fence they could argue you are still hunting (while in the boundary of tcp.) It would be a technicality, but if they want to discourage bowhunting access they could make that case. Says specifically on their website only duck hunting is allowed in tcp. Similar in my mind to how if you parked in the byron nelson lot and hiked in to hunt you'd be in trouble even if your stand was 600 ft from the fence.
                                Just my interpretation I guess but I thought I'd share anyway, I think it's a risk, hate to see somebody get popped for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X