Chicken livers and gizzards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love me some gizzards!!

Especially Chicken Express, don't care for chicken liver.

Beef is alright, fried and smothered in gravy and onions!

Comment

I love gizzards

Comment

The White Leghorn in Westhoff TX had the best gizzards on the planet when it was around

Comment

Ya'll keep ordering that sh** at Chicken Express so they don't run out of tenders when I'm there.

Comment

I never considered simmering Gizzards until this thread. I have $3.00 invested in my attempt. I can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Catfish, love them too !

Comment

Originally posted by KIETHSTONE View Post
                I never considered simmering Gizzards until this thread. I have $3.00 invested in my attempt. I can’t wait.

Add a can of Cream of Mushroom soup to that and eat over rice and your in Heaven.

Comment

Both of them here! Love them! Beef liver No Way

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                    There used to be a resturant in Victoria called "Texas Drive In". They had a mixed gizzard/liver platter that would take a commitment to finish. SOOOO good.

I still get gizzards when we go through Hallettsville at the little gas station that used to be Morton's.

I miss that place .

Comment

Made the family watch me hammer both Liver and Gizzards!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                        Made the family watch me hammer both Liver and Gizzards!!!!

I had some one ask me recently “ How do you feel after you’ve eaten about 2lbs of livers and gizzards”? I’ve copied your picture for the proper reply next time.

Comment

I hate liver…. But give me a bottle of Louisiana hot sauce and some chicken livers and I’ll founder myself. Went to a VERY VERY …. Very rural hole in the wall on a public land trip last year. There was a long waiting line for their gizzards. Known far and wide for them. Lol. Their chicken was amazing so I got a box of gizzards right out of the fryer. My jaw hasn’t fully recovered yet. And I don’t know if I ever technically ate one
                          Last edited by Low Fence; 08-07-2022, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                            I had some one ask me recently “ How do you feel after you’ve eaten about 2lbs of livers and gizzards”? I’ve copied your picture for the proper reply next time.
                            Haha my wife was disgusted about how much I ate…

Comment

I got some again the other day and took them home. My two dogs were sitting there watching me eat so I decided to throw them each a gizzard. Dang near killed my rat terrier. He's a greedy sumbuck so of course he tried to gulp it down so my other dog didn't have a chance to eat one. He got it hung up in his throat. Thought I was gonna have to save his life but he hacked it up. Scared the crap out of me. No more gizzards for him.

Guarantee ya it made me chew em up a few more times every time I ate one. **** things will try and kill ya.
                              Last edited by okrattler; 08-07-2022, 02:47 PM.

Comment

^^^^^
                                I'm pretty they'd kill me too, lol. Glad the pooch is ok !

I don't eat chicken, period. Much less their innards! And no liver of any kind.

Comment

Working...
                                X