Shots for Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shots for Africa

My group is headed over August 18th to Ellisras in Limpopo South Africa. Shots are not required where we are going. For you, guys that have been did you get shots even if they were not required? If so, which did you get?

Chat with your Local Travel Clinic for recommendations...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just went to wal-greens and got some of the basic stuff. Hep A/B, Tetanus (only do if it's been approx 10 years since your last), MMR and TDAP....if I remember correctly.

You don't have to have them but since these can be done cheaply, quickly and easily at Wal-Greens or CVS I went ahead and did it.

Comment

I am over there working 2 or 3 times a year.
        I don't do anything special

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
          I just went to wal-greens and got some of the basic stuff. Hep A/B, Tetanus (only do if it's been approx 10 years since your last), MMR and TDAP....if I remember correctly.

You don't have to have them but since these can be done cheaply, quickly and easily at Wal-Greens or CVS I went ahead and did it.
          I feel like I had that stuff one last time for college would have been 8-9 years ago.

Comment

Justin, just make sure your tetanus is up to date, nothing else needed!

Comment

I am leaving in 10 days for the Kalahari buffalo hunting and just got my shots yesterday. I got tetanus, HepA&B & Typhoid. Not required but cheap and easy to do. I used Passport Health here in Houston.

Comment

I went to the Medical Center in Houston and was referred to a Dr. that specializes in these shot requirements, he has been to Limpopo several times and all he recommended was Hep but it required 2 shots a few weeks apart.....no need for anything else.....

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                  I am leaving in 10 days for the Kalahari buffalo hunting and just got my shots yesterday. I got tetanus, HepA&B & Typhoid. Not required but cheap and easy to do. I used Passport Health here in Houston.
                  This, except Typhoid. They take up to 9 months on the Hep shots though with multiple doses over time. Not required, but we were over cautious the first time we went.

Comment

I just updated tetanus. Another thing we did was get some "do it all" drugs from my doctor to take with me. Not sure what name brand they were, but I got some antibiotics and some non-narcotic pain killers. Didn't need them, but figured better safe than sorry.

Comment

I would get yellow fever and make sure tetanus is up to date

Comment

Just be up to date on your D-tap and Hep and you will be fine.

Comment

Yes I took antibiotics just in case and also took Imodiom for the runs just in case....

Comment

My turn is coming in July. I was just going to phone my primary care doc. Let him research it too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                              My turn is coming in July. I was just going to phone my primary care doc. Let him research it too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                              I really don't have a primary doctor these days. The one I was using when I would go retired!

Comment

Working...
                              X