Old early 70’s info from the YO Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old early 70’s info from the YO Ranch

I thought this was pretty cool (I like old stuff) so I thought I’d share a few pics of it. I was cleaning out a closet last night that had some of my Dad’s stuff in it. There was a box in there that had this 10-12 page brochure from the YO Ranch. Appears to be from the ‘72-‘74 time frame maybe? Tells all about the location, the lodging, your guide, what caliber of rifle is recommended, accommodations, night activities, and the last page has the prices for the different animals. $1000 was a lot of money back in the 70’s to shoot a deer.
    Attached Files

That’s awesome .
    I wonder if they will honor that price on a fallow for me !!
    Heck I would even pay double.
    Thanks for sharing !
    Love the old cool stuff.

Comment

That is cool. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Amazing how things have changed over time.

Comment

Those were the days my Friend!Thx for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
            I thought this was pretty cool (I like old stuff) so I thought I’d share a few pics of it. I was cleaning out a closet last night that had some of my Dad’s stuff in it. There was a box in there that had this 10-12 page brochure from the YO Ranch. Appears to be from the ‘72-‘74 time frame maybe? Tells all about the location, the lodging, your guide, what caliber of rifle is recommended, accommodations, night activities, and the last page has the prices for the different animals. $1000 was a lot of money back in the 70’s to shoot a deer.
            Memories. I wore that pamphlet out as a kid. Hunted there when I was a kid with my dad. Went to camp there and was a camp counselor, then worked with biologist in summer. Such great memories.

Comment

Very cool. I ran that $1,000 through the inflation calculator - equivalent to almost $6,300 in 2019 dollars

Comment

Licenses were cheaper than I thought they'd be for that time. But, then again, I was only 3 years old, so don't really remember.

Comment

Very neat, thanks for posting!

Comment

Good grief,
                    I wish prices were still the same as back then. I could actually afford to take some of these animals.

I would gladly pay 1,000 for an axis.
                    $250 for whitetail buck Those days are long gone

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                      Good grief,
                      I wish prices were still the same as back then. I could actually afford to take some of these animals.

When considering inflation, prices have surprisingly generally gone down or are in line. Very interesting.

Comment

State License $3.15

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                            Good grief,

Those prices sound really good but I had a decent job back
                            then . I was making $ 4 an hour so it was pretty expensive
                            for the time .

Comment

Originally posted by RDT View Post
                              Those prices sound really good but I had a decent job back

then . I was making $ 4 an hour so it was pretty expensive

for the time .

I get inflation and all. Im only 30 years old, so the dollar has been relatively the same my whole adult life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X