Water filtration system for well ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water filtration system for well ??

I have a well that has lots of calcium (I think) It's small white particles.

I need to filter it as it clogs my irrigation plus we have an on-demand hot water heater in the house I don't want damaged.

I don't need a filter that takes out chlorine and all the other things put in city water.

Should I use a simple filter or get a better one? Also if anyone knows, is there one with an easy to clean filter? Lots of calcium so I'll have to clean it pretty often.

Just buy this one upfront. It’s programable and self cleaning. If you buy the replaceable filter unit you will get tired of changing and buying filters.

Shop Whirlpool 3.4-GPM Charcoal Whole House Water Filtration System in the Whole House Filtration Systems department at Lowe's.com. Never replace your water filter again with our central water filtration system. This system comes with free shipping and a lifelong filter. The central water

Comment

i'd talk to the water well folks. with that stuff you may need a special type of filtering at the wellhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
        Just buy this one upfront. It’s programable and self cleaning. If you buy the replaceable filter unit you will get tired of changing and buying filters.

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Whirlpool-3-4...System/1082883
        We purchased one of these 3 years ago. It was nothing but trouble from the start. We fought with it for 2 years and finally unhooked it and carried it to the dumpster.

Comment

Tagged as I have similar issue and in for a solution. We have whole house filter on some lines but still get buildup from dissolved minerals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff995 View Post
            We purchased one of these 3 years ago. It was nothing but trouble from the start. We fought with it for 2 years and finally unhooked it and carried it to the dumpster.

I had one running for 3 years and sold the house in 2013, it’s still running to this day. ( I’m still in contact with the new owners.)

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
              I had one running for 3 years and sold the house in 2013, it’s still running to this day. ( I’m still in contact with the new owners.)
              That’s cool. I spoke with whirlpool customer service until I was blue in the face trying to get the unit to run properly. If you have very much calcium in your water don’t waste your money on one of these.

Comment

That’s cool. I spoke with whirlpool customer service until I was blue in the face trying to get the unit to run properly. If you have very much calcium in your water don’t waste your money on one of these.
                Thanks for the input.

I may go super cheap and wash filter often. At least until I find the right/better solution.

Comment

You need to get a lab analysis done on the water to see what your working with. If it’s calcium then you’ll need a softener. Typically an online filter won’t remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's more likely lime or lime stone flakes. You can get by fine with one of the Pentaire, Big Blue sediment filters. They are fairly cheap and replacement filters are cheap and easy to replace. I have one on my well and change it once a year.

Comment

We've had a well since '92. Rebuilt our house after Harvey and went with an on demand water heater. I have a whole house system that i change the filter every six months and also have a filter right at the water heater that my wife found on Amazon. Seems to work.

Comment

That may be the kicker. I don’t have much calcium, just a lot of fine sediment.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                          It's more likely lime or lime stone flakes. You can get by fine with one of the Pentaire, Big Blue sediment filters. They are fairly cheap and replacement filters are cheap and easy to replace. I have one on my well and change it once a year.
                          You may be right. I was totally guessing. It's just white small flakes but they add up a lot.

Pentek 20" Big Blue Water Filter Housings are ideal substitutes for costly low pressure stainless steel vessels. Big Blue filter housings offer the versatility to meet all of your large-capacity filtration needs, including high-flow and heavy-sediment applications. The extra large housing allows for greater cartridge c

You use something like this?

Comment

I’m on any suggestions for a system that will help with calcium. We have a well with extremely hard water. Calcium build up everywhere, but we really don’t want a softener and have to deal with salt and all that goes with that. The discharge also dumps into the septic so I’m not trying to add the trouble of that either.

Any ideas for that?

Comment

Bump for anymore suggestion. Same water here as RiverRat's.

Comment

Working...
                              X