Canning venison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canning venison

Michael and Rat have posted threads about canning venison, and I have been following. Tonight, my good friend and customer from Ohio helped us get over the pressure cooker fear and we canned 9 pints of venison. Not being able to wait, we opened a jar and sampled. Unbelievable. It’s the real deal. Lindy was the most skeptical, but now, she said that we were gonna can more than we are gonna freeze. 40 years of eating deer meat, and I learned something new and fantastic. Thanks.

It don’t look the best but it sure taste good. I just pour it on rice - heat and eat

Comment

I don’t think I could eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        I don’t think I could eat it.
        Never had canned whitetail but had some canned moose and it was dang good

Comment

Canned deer is awesome.

Comment

Get past the looks of it in the jar. Put the spices you like in it and enjoy!

Comment

I did caribou this year, for the first time, makes for a quick easy meal.

Sent from somewhere

Comment

My Pawpaw canned pork and venison both for many years. It definitely tastes better than it looks. Serve it over rice, maybe some brown gravy, and it's hard to beat.

Comment

I canned 16 jars this last season. I have not tried it yet. It looks like it will make me wish I hadn’t eaten it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I couldn't do it, I can barely eat it deep fried and covered in gravy.

Comment

I keep saying I'm gonna try it, sure would make a quick easy camp meal when out hunting. I've never cared what food looks like as long as I know it's ok to eat.

Comment

I guess I have been missing out. I am interested.

Comment

What is the texture/consistency like?

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                            What is the texture/consistency like?
                            I’m guessing Alpo.

Comment

All of these canned venison threads go the same way as eating Aoudad threads go. Sure its good, but you have to mix or spice it with something and then its great. I have yet to see anyone just grab a jar and eat it with a fork and enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X