• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is wagu brisket worth the extra cost??

Comment

Originally posted by Tight View Post
      Is wagu brisket worth the extra cost??
      A buddy and I cooked a Wagyu brisket and a packer brisket side by side a couple weeks ago and I wouldn’t pay an extra hundred dollars for the Wagyu. Both turned out great but I don’t think it’s worth the hype imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ren087 View Post
        I bought one at HEB and cooked the same as I do my prime 1 briskets, the Aaron Franklin way. Trim fat to 1/4" and remove thin spots and chunk fat. 50/50 mix of kosher salt & coarse black pepper mixed. Bring to room temp and smoke at 250 with fat side up. 1 to 1 1/2 hour per pound roughly. When internal reaches 160, pull and wrap in pink butcher paper. Cook until internal is 203, pull and leave wrapped to rest for at least 1 hour or until cool enough to handle if you can't wait. I used post oak for smoke.
        WOW!! I think you nailed it. Like someone said before....I opened this right before lunch. Looks like I'm telling my guys we are having BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by ren087 View Post
          I bought one at HEB and cooked the same as I do my prime 1 briskets, the Aaron Franklin way. Trim fat to 1/4" and remove thin spots and chunk fat. 50/50 mix of kosher salt & coarse black pepper mixed. Bring to room temp and smoke at 250 with fat side up. 1 to 1 1/2 hour per pound roughly. When internal reaches 160, pull and wrap in pink butcher paper. Cook until internal is 203, pull and leave wrapped to rest for at least 1 hour or until cool enough to handle if you can't wait. I used post oak for smoke.

Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have not been happy with the waygu briskets, too fatty. Give me a good choice brisket

Comment

Working...
            X