Casey's Country Breakfast Casserole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casey's Country Breakfast Casserole

This has become a staple breakfast casserole in our camps over the past 4-5 years. Easy to make and very hardy. I make it ahead at the house and freeze it, then its a heat and eat meal. Even served it at the school to the teachers for the annual teacher appreciation breakfast and its always a hit.

Ingredients.
    • One bag of frozen "flat" tater tot rounds
    • 12-16 eggs
    • 1 pound of breakfast sausage
    • 2 cans of country sausage gravy
    • bad of shredded cheese (I like to get both sharp cheddar and Mexican blend)

Take a casserole dish, or I like to use the disposable foil ones, spray with nonstick spray

Place a layer of the tater tots on the bottom

scramble the eggs and layer the scrambled eggs on top of the tater tots (season eggs w/ preferred seasoning)

brown/crumble the breakfast sausage and layer it ontop of the eggs

spread the 2 cans of gravy across the top evenly

Bake in the oven at 350F covered with foil for 45 mins, then remove foil for last 15 mins to allow cheese to brown up just a little.

Sometimes I also add a 3rd can of gravy and serve with some biscuits on the side!
    thick layer of cheese, again I like to mix but its preffential

sounds great!

Comment

You had me until "2 cans of country sausage gravy" LOL

Comment

No pic no proof.

Comment

Tagged. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
            You had me until "2 cans of country sausage gravy" LOL

I agree it didn’t seam good the first time I used canned gravy. I guess you could make some fresh gravy. However it turns out so good you won’t remember where the gravy came from and it makes the recipe simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

These types of recipes need pics!

Comment

Really dig all the ingredients, so it’s got to be good, and sounds easy to cook, thanks for posting.

Comment

I know, I know.......pics......sorry but you know its good when you cant wait to dig in and forget to take pics until its an empty foil casserole dish

Comment

Tagged, Thanks!

Comment

tagged!

Comment

didn't know gravy came in a can

Comment

I made it a little smaller and made my own sausage gravy.
                          It turned out great.
                          I think I will use bacon next time, just to see the the difference.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	BC60B0D7-9223-4E91-9428-CA7E8458592C.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	24650211

Comment

Gonna give this a shot this weekend, but will be cooking on my drum smoker for added flavor. Will try and post up pics come Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
                              I agree it didn’t seam good the first time I used canned gravy. I guess you could make some fresh gravy. However it turns out so good you won’t remember where the gravy came from and it makes the recipe simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              If you scroll down you will see this Breakfast I posted. It's a winner at Deer Camp:

KB Ranch Biscuits and Gravy Casserole

Ingredients
                              1 pound sausage
                              1 package of Pioneer Brand Peppered Sausage Gravy Mix
                              1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
                              6 eggs
                              1/2 cup milk
                              To taste salt
                              To taste black pepper
                              1 Can (8 oz.) biscuits (1 can Pillsbury Grand’s Biscuits )

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take a 9x13 pan and spray it with Pam or whatever you like to use. Then take the Biscuits and it into 1" pieces and line bottom of pan. Brown Sausage and scatter over biscuits. Sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese. Whisk eggs and milk with a pinch of salt and pepper and pour it over the pan. Make Gravy mix per package directions and pour over. Bake in the oven for about 30-45 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X