X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great. Trying that this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
      Great recipe. I like the wine addition. I was making a more complex reduction. I bet the wine tastes better and is a lot easier!
      I use my Instant Pot and seer and cook in one pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Yea to take my recipe a step further you could always strain the reduced liquid in the pressure cooker and make a reduction. I bet it would be good!

Comment

Supper tomorrow, Buffalo short ribs braised Cajun Style over Andouille Cheddar grits.

Comment

yummy

Comment

Going to try this tomorrow for dinner.

Comment

OMG!! Looks amazing!

Comment

I'm glad this thread was resurrected because I finally acquired a pressure cooker to make it. Given that your recipes (and photos) rarely disappoint, I'll be trying this next week over some stone ground grits with parmesan and garlic. I'll post a photo when it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                  The rule of thumb (for me anyway) is don't use a wine you wouldn't drink. Now i'm not saying use a nice bottle but use something that is ok. I prefer to use a lower priced Cab in the 8-10$ range.
                  I've alway heard the same thing about cooking wine; never cook with wine you wouldn't drink. However, I'm cheap and I'm lazy so I keep to boxes of wine in my ice box at all times...one red and one white. This way, you don't have to open a new bottle every time you need, say, a 1/4 cup of wine. I wouldn't drink the boxed wine, but cooking with them has alway yielded good results and the keep forever!

And now you know my dirty little secret.

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good God those look tasty!!!

Comment

SO how much wine? Whole bottle?

Comment

Trying this tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                            I used my pressure cooker with this recipe but you can still achieve the same results in the oven. (it will take about 3.5-4hrs in a oven)

Ingredients:
                            1 bottle of red wine (i used a cabernet)
                            1 tbl spoon of black peppercorns
                            pinch or 2 of salt
                            5 cloves of garlic chopped
                            1 whole sprig of rosemary
                            2 carrots chopped

Start off by searing the short ribs in a cast iron pan. After searing the short ribs put them and ALL of the ingredients in the pressure cooker. Cook for 1hr at high pressure. Take it off heat and allow the pressure cooker to depressurize. Once the pressure has come down open up the cooker and take the short ribs out. Strain all the ingredients through a fine mesh strainer and reduce the liquid by half. I served them over mashed potatoes and poured the sauce over the ribs. These were fall off the bone good!!

Trying these this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                            X