No announcement yet.

Sticker Siting/GW Stop all in one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it comes to GW, I don't think there are many "warnings" given out to anyone. THe first year of a change in regs they will, but after that it is a ticket. Intent has very little or probably nothing to do with it. Sorry it happened, and this reminded me to make sure it all gets filled out right. I still have some questions on processing and final destination though.

Comment

Sorry about the citations....congrats on the panhead Steven.

Comment

Originally posted by kramer View Post
        If this had happened to you, you broke the law....what good would come of that??? If you rant and rave enough, you should be let go?? A couple of things about this thread really dont sit well with me:

A thread that has the potential to and has several negative remarks about LEO/GW's should not have made it past page 1.

I am quite shocked that the leadership of TBH has allowed this thread to continue and has also made negative/questioning remarks about LEO/GW.

The longer this continues to go on, I see 2 things happening. There will probably be NO leniency if a court date is requested by the offender and GW's and LEO will probably make EVERY effort to stop vehicles with TBH stickers on them and people WILL be scrutinized.

Ignorance of the law is NO defense. I claim to be no expert, but its every hunters responsibility to know the laws and to abide by them.

I for one can not say enough thanks to the GW's and LEO's out there. They have the most thankless jobs on the planet and many are forced to be cut and dried due to the majority of people they run into on a daily basis.
        Lighten up a little.....if you have never been stopped by an overzealous GW then consider yourself lucky. No-one is giving all LEO's or GW's a bad name but certainly (as in every profession) there are individuals that are nit-picky and put a sour taste in peoples mouths. Legdog and Michael have a right to vent and so does every other person on here that has had a bad experience with a GW. Everyone on here appreciates LEO's and GW's and the thankless job they do...but for me that was a total waste of GW resources.

Comment

Originally posted by Spineshot View Post
          I guess, the main thing I am taking away from this situation is to keep it "strictly business". No small talk, don't offer up any more information than is necessary.
          It's un-fortunate that people feel this way. When what you should be taking away from this situation is to tag all your deer properly, fill out the log correctly, and don't process the deer past quartering until you get home.

Comment

If this had happened to you, you broke the law....what good would come of that??? If you rant and rave enough, you should be let go?? A couple of things about this thread really dont sit well with me:

A thread that has the potential to and has several negative remarks about LEO/GW's should not have made it past page 1.

I am quite shocked that the leadership of TBH has allowed this thread to continue and has also made negative/questioning remarks about LEO/GW.

The longer this continues to go on, I see 2 things happening. There will probably be NO leniency if a court date is requested by the offender and GW's and LEO will probably make EVERY effort to stop vehicles with TBH stickers on them and people WILL be scrutinized.

Ignorance of the law is NO defense. I claim to be no expert, but its every hunters responsibility to know the laws and to abide by them.

I for one can not say enough thanks to the GW's and LEO's out there. They have the most thankless jobs on the planet and many are forced to be cut and dried due to the majority of people they run into on a daily basis.
            Re-read what I wrote and you will see that I NEVER said if I ranted and raved I would be let go. I simply stated that I wouldn't of handled the situation like Steven and Michael did.

In fact, if you READ a little closer, you would have seen this shortly after I wrote what you originally quoted:

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
            I would of just been pretty upset.
            It was a pretty shocking outcome of events, IMO.

It would of thrown me for a loop, I don't think it would have been intentional or me attacking a person, but I guess I would have been defensive....

Good point though, and this "negative thread" has brought it to my attention to second guess a lot of actions that I would have showed...
            If you READ a little closer to what I originally wrote then you would see that I too, also, have the more respect for all LEOs

This thread also has the potential to have many more negative remarks that what has been said.
            The issue I am stressing, and that I will say AGAIN, is that this is an unforunate experience that is being displayed on TBH, not to bash, but so that everyone reading it can learn from it and not make the mistake in the future.
            That is what the "leadership" on this site is trying to put forth.

Comment

I will single handedly bring TBH to its collective knees!

BWAHAAHAHA!

OK seriously, I respect you opinion (even if I poked a little fun at it). As posted earlier, bowhunters already have a preferred status in the eyes of law enforcement because they are "doing it the hard way". I honestly don't think I'm putting people with TBH stickers on their back windshields in any potential legal peril. If they "throw the book at me" for discussing this and educating / reminding the several thousand who have read this thread so far, that would be a pretty big diservice. If anything, I feel like I'm helping people to not make the same mistake(s) and actually helping TP&W! Maybe they will have Carter Smith (TP&W President) send me a thank you card.

Of course, I reserve the right to be wrong. I already called, they will not have any info on my ticket until Friday.

Comment

Easy now. I disagree. Overall this thread has been very educational to most on here. I've learned some things myself. I see most posts on this thread as being supportive of GW's and LEO's. The few "negative" posts I see are simply those saying they're not going to be friendly and offer up any information required. That's fine in my book. You're not required to. We're used to criticism, insults, and threats to ourselves and families on a regular basis. I've seen nothing posted here that is even close to what I hear on the street at least weekly.

Oh you can't be serious. Any LEO reading this would know that the more TBH people they stop the fewer tickets they'll write. This is the best group of hunters I've ever seen. Besides, I'd rather look for "Question Authority" bumper stickers.

I agree. I don't know all the laws- and I should. I'll accept responsibility if I screw up, as most on here have admitted.

Thank you.

Comment

GW's and LEO will probably make EVERY effort to stop vehicles with TBH stickers on them and people WILL be scrutinized.
                  Please!

Comment

sorry for the double post
                    Last edited by gtsticker; 10-05-2009, 12:44 PM. Reason: sorry double posted

Comment

Maybe those that think Leggy got what was coming to him and would have written the tickets themselves should put their TBH stickers on the right side of the back windshield to alert statewide GWs that the hunter in this vehicle supports them.

Those that think Leggy should have gotten a warning can put their stickers on the left side of the back windshield and take their chances when they are pulled over by a GW.

Comment

funny Shane... I guess sticker sales will now go up as almost everyone puts them on the driver side! Everyone is gonna go peel 'em off now!
                        Last edited by Legdog; 10-05-2009, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I say you run into the courtroom and yell and and speak just like Foghorn Leghorn! and then record itall!

Comment

Well I bet if you called in on a guy that you thought did something wrong and he got a warning you would be complaining about that. The simple fact is you were wrong. You need to know the law and obey it. The GW did his job. Its not about if you are a poacher or not. Remember he does not know you from adam. He does not do it cause he did not like you. Thats his job. You can bash them all you want but the fact is it was your mistake.. It is time that people just pay up and take responsibility for their actions. The cost is 25-500 set by the judge so good luck on that. If you had to deal with what those guys do you might see it differently. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              It's un-fortunate that people feel this way. When what you should be taking away from this situation is to tag all your deer properly, fill out the log correctly, and don't process the deer past quartering until you get home.

Most importantly check that your plates are on the trailer before you leave the ranch.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                                funny Shane... I guess sticker sales will now go up as almost everyone puts them on the driver side! Everyone is gonna go peel 'em off now!

Uh-oh. I sense that I have stumbled into the diabolical plan...... you guys will do ANYTHING to sell a few more stickers!

Comment

Working...
                                X