No announcement yet.

Sticker Siting/GW Stop all in one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't take responsibility by saying things like "ticky tacky" and "us against them." On a thread that could have been positive on an educational note, it has been overwhelmingly negative. The "us against them" used to be against poachers. Now by 2 GW's doing their job not to your liking, it has turned everybody against the evil government. PETA, poachers, etc... should enjoy how this went.
    Until you ride with a GW (and I don't mean one time for an hour) and hear all the BS, don't be so quick to judge.

Properly and legally tagged means filling out the tag and the log on the back, IMMEDIATELY, not when the GW checks you hours later or when you feel like it. Everybody was "fixin to" fill it out.

Comment

Originally posted by jdubuzz View Post
      Live and learn. All of us TBHers can take something from this.
      Agree....appears quite a few of us on this thread learned about over processing. If there is lemonade to make, that would be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        I've slept on it, and I still think it's just a really unfortunate deal, Leggy and Michael. You guys obviously had every intent of being responsible, ethical, and legal hunters, and you were trying to show respect and friendliness to the LEOs you encountered. The LEOs were apparently trying to uphold their duties in a respectful manner as well. The end result is incredibly unfortunate. I have no idea what was in the heads of any of the LEOs involved, so who knows? Just one of those things that will someday make a funny story, while at the same time being one of those "experiences" that teach you something that you'd just as soon not need to know in the first place, I guess.

On a side note, I don't see much need for any of the TBH crowd to be piling on you guys. I'm sure that if it had been any of the rest of us that got ticketed yesterday, we'd all feel very similar to the way you guys feel today.
        Well said Shane!

Comment

Originally posted by elkhunter4035 View Post
          You don't take responsibility by saying things like "ticky tacky" and "us against them." On a thread that could have been positive on an educational note, it has been overwhelmingly negative. The "us against them" used to be against poachers. Now by 2 GW's doing their job not to your liking, it has turned everybody against the evil government. PETA, poachers, etc... should enjoy how this went.
          Until you ride with a GW (and I don't mean one time for an hour) and hear all the BS, don't be so quick to judge.

Properly and legally tagged means filling out the tag and the log on the back, IMMEDIATELY, not when the GW checks you hours later or when you feel like it. Everybody was "fixin to" fill it out.
          LOL

you took some rather huge leaps with this post... oh well, you are entitled!

Nice post Shane. Agreed

Comment

Whoaaaaa.
            This thread did not start with the intention of being negative, and I feel that it is far from it. I think others will agree with me that this is just a reminder that all hunters need to be aware of the "ticky-tacky" laws that are in place, regardless of how long they have been around.

It is easy to forget, and not be informed on all aspects of the law.

The men involved in this have stated NUMEROUS times that they take full responsibility, and are not blaming the LEOs are all. Go back about 10 posts and read it for yourself.

I guarantee if this would of happened to me, I would have ranted a lot more. And I would have NOT been as nice about the situation as Steven and Michael were on the scene. I think others will agree with me when I say this thread could be a bunch of bashing with nothing good coming out of it.

This thread is showing a surprising turn of events that occurred. The "atmosphere" of the incident looked as though everything was going to be handled with a simple reminder for someone that was obviously not trying to cause harm or break laws, (which happens A LOT from Game Wardens). And it turned the other way. Leaving 1 man with 2 tickets, but both men shocked.

This thread is NOT a rant, it is informative and a reminder to pay attention to the little things...
            Last edited by Hillary; 10-05-2009, 09:59 AM.

Comment

My money says if you appear in court in person, take responsibility, and ask for leniancy.....the fines will be minimal, and the lesson learned equaly well.

Congrats on the doe! Chicken fry some up tonight, it'll make ya feel better about the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                It's apples and oranges, but since you drew the (bad) analogy...

For every infraction that's doled out, there are many, many more threads or posts that are simply deleted. In many cases, warnings are given instead of infractions. In most cases, there is some judgement of intent or past history in determining whether an infraction is given, or the level of the infraction. I'm certain I've exercised poor judgement a time or two, however.

As I stated before, the officers certainly weren't wrong. I think they could have used better judgement, perhaps by only giving one infraction, or possibly none, but that's just my opinion, and I don't think I'm wrong for voicing it here. That said, I don't think they're bad guys or mean spirited at all for issuing the citations.

Michael
                Sorry for not giving a better analogy and voicing my opinion which I too think is not wrong. This is like having an argument with my brother, one that neither side ever wins and creates bad feelings all the way around.

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                On a side note, I don't see much need for any of the TBH crowd to be piling on you guys. I'm sure that if it had been any of the rest of us that got ticketed yesterday, we'd all feel very similar to the way you guys feel today.
                I beg to differ on this one. I don't see it as piling on simply because the views appear to be closely split. And as far as, if it had been any of the rest of us I would be willing to bet that the "You got what you deserved" crowd would have been out in full force in favor of the Game Wardens.

Very well put.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
                  And I would have NOT been as nice about the situation as Steven and Michael were on the scene.
                  What effect do you reckon this would have on the outcome???

Here's an interesting quote I just got from a conversation I just had with a State Game Warden......" as bowhunters, we expect more of you!!"

There's something to think about!!

Comment

Sorry about the incident Leggy.

I saw the two game wardens make a u turn right ahead of us thru the east bound median and head west. They were probably head your way.

The White-Tailed Deer Log has become one of the main tools used by game wardens to issue citations. If they check you today or 6 months from now for any reason they will ask to see your hunting license. If there are white-tailed deer tags missing and log is not filled out there will be one or multiple citations issued.

There was a one year "grace period" on the log citations but its about a 100% guaranteed ticket nowdays.
                    Last edited by Arrowsmith; 10-05-2009, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Can you have 4 quarters, backstraps, and trimmings from the neck in a bag? Or is that considered "beyond quartering before my final destination"?

Comment

Man thats sucks. I hunt in ok, i am going to go check for laws like that there. I have delt w GW a ton in OK and have never thought those GWs would write you up for both. I could see writing you up for the log, but meat processing. That laws intent is to keep people from paoching multiple deer and claiming it was one. Its obvoius you were not doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          What effect do you reckon this would have on the outcome???

Here's an interesting quote I just got from a conversation I just had with a State Game Warden......" as bowhunters, we expect more of you!!"

There's something to think about!!
                          I would of just been pretty upset.
                          It was a pretty shocking outcome of events, IMO.

It would of thrown me for a loop, I don't think it would have been intentional or me attacking a person, but I guess I would have been defensive....

Good point though, and this "negative thread" has brought it to my attention to second guess a lot of actions that I would have showed...

Comment

I would like to thank all of the LEO's on doing a great job.Keep it up...If you break the law be ready to pay the fines.( stop crying)........

I have gotten so many traffic tickets over the years I can't keep track of them but I don't place blame on the LEO for doing his job.If I don't want to get a ticket I know what to do to stop it...Why would you have a different outlook on them just because you got nailed?

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
                              I would of just been pretty upset.
                              It was a pretty shocking outcome of events, IMO.

It would of thrown me for a loop, I don't think it would have been intentional or me attacking a person, but I guess I would have been defensive....

Good point though, and this "negative thread" has brought it to my attention to second guess a lot of actions that I would have showed...
                              Ahh! I see what you mean. It would be rather tough to argue the evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
                                Can you have 4 quarters, backstraps, and trimmings from the neck in a bag? Or is that considered "beyond quartering before my final destination"?
                                Yes you can.

I believe the "intent of the law" is to facilitate identifing the 4 quarters, the backstraps and the trimmings from the neck and rib cage. If processing is taken further it is more difficult for the GW to tell what you have.

Comment

Working...
                                X