No announcement yet.

Pickled okra ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What? No mention of grilled okra in this thread? Besides fried, this is the next best thing. Coat with oil, salt, and throw it on a grill. Good eats!

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
      What? No mention of grilled okra in this thread? Besides fried, this is the next best thing. Coat with oil, salt, and throw it on a grill. Good eats!
      We love grilled okra!

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
        This also works good in oven. 425 for 15 minutes or until slightly browned. When I first heard about it was skeptical, but now this is the way we eat it mostly, easy to prepare and very tasty.

Sorry, No help on pickling recipe.

Comment

http://https://www.simplyrecipes.com.../pickled_okra/

I use this one. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by gvick View Post
            Love me some Okra. Boiled with some pepper sauce, Boiled with some tomatoes, Boiled with some fresh Purple Hull peas, Fried, and/or pickled. My kids even ate it raw straight off the stalk.
            I have a hard time getting enough okra to pickle because my son usually picks them and eats them straight of the stalk as well.

Comment

This thread made me hungry.[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Warren View Post
                I have a hard time getting enough okra to pickle because my son usually picks them and eats them straight of the stalk as well.
                When I lived with my aunt and uncle, I got yelled at a bunch for eating more than was going in the basket.

Comment

I used to pickle okra but I can't find my recipe. I love eating pickled okra. I can eat just about anyway you can fix it. I like okra and tomatoes cooked together.

Comment

When you pick them for pickled okra, make sure you pick them small, no more than 3" long. YUM

Comment

We buy some in the grocery store thats good. We get the hot flavored one. Theyre good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wellborn Papa View Post
                        When you pick them for pickled okra, make sure you pick them small, no more than 3" long. YUM
                        This for sure. I have a tendency to pick the way to early because I like the small single bite size.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          That just may be worse than runny eggs.
                          Jesco is that you?

Comment

i liked this one: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/35...-pickled-okra/
                            easy peasy and the sliminess get dissolved in about 3 weeks.

Comment

All okra is good

Comment

I canned my first batch of pickled okra and green beans 2 weeks ago. Followed the youtube recipe at the top.
                                Tried a jar yesterday and they were outstanding! I am now hooked on this and going down a pickling rabbit hole.

Comment

Working...
                                X