• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!!!

Comment

That is awesome good luck on your hunt

Comment

That's awesome! My boss has bought that Sheep Show tag probably 5 of the last 7 years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rick2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	24621650

Click image for larger version

Name:	rick6.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	24621649

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

Has the auction hunter chosen his unit, should have by today.
            You'll need to make your decision by July 20.

Good luck, you could DIY but if you can afford the guide fee maybe consider going guided.
            I found out big sheep are hard to judge, I got very lucky. Wasn't even looking for a book ram just chose the more mature one in the group. Would have been very happy with one like the dead sheep we found but he scores about 20 inches less than mine.
            If you can judge the on the hoof , go for it.
            I would hunt the rut. Big heads banging and very nice capes. The hair will be much thicker by the rut.

Congrats, hope you have a great hunt.

Comment

If it's truly a once in a lifetime hunt I'd get a guide. Wouldn't want to risk it.

Congrats. Something to look forward to!

Comment

Frontier Outfitting, Belen NM. The best sheep guide you will find in NM and AZ. I sent you a PM to call a friend that can give you the inside scoop on GT, the owner of Frontier Outfitting.
                For the win/trip of a lifetime, GT is the one to go with.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                  I'm betting this will be a guided hunt on a property of their choosing with their hand picked guide. They want you to succeed so they will bend over backwards to see that you are successful. Kind of like Docmay's hunt.
                  I would surmise the same......they want you to be wildly successful on this hugely publicized hunt!!! Are you going to bowhunt him?[emoji1018]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

holy smokes!

Comment

That's too cool!!! Congrats!

Comment

Wow congrats! Truly the greatest of all big game tags, a governors sheep tag.

If it were me, I would get together with family and closest friends who understand the magnitude and value of that tag. Go DIY and forget about paying for an outfitter. You’ll have a long time to fill that tag, no reason to get in a hurry, spend a bunch on an outfitter, and not get to savor the opportunity you have before you.

I say all this because the state wants to make it almost certain you’re successful. You will have access to more info from fish and game than you can shake a stick at. Research it, and do it on your own, you’re capable of it whether you believe it or not.
                        Last edited by diamond10x; 06-30-2020, 04:14 PM.

Comment

You may want to talk to Chad Wright. He's a guide and TBH member and has personally taken a bighorns in NM GMU 53, I believe.

And...congrats on being one lucky son of a gun! Good luck!

Comment

Wow! I enter a few every year and would shat myself if I got that call! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                              Wow congrats! Truly the greatest of all big game tags, a governors sheep tag.

If it were me, I would get together with family and closest friends who understand the magnitude and value of that tag. Go DIY and forget about paying for an outfitter. You’ll have a long time to fill that tag, no reason to get in a hurry, spend a bunch on an outfitter, and not get to savor the opportunity you have before you.

I say all this because the state wants to make it almost certain you’re successful. You will have access to more info from fish and game than you can shake a stick at. Research it, and do it on your own, you’re capable of it whether you believe it or not.
                              This. Get as much info on judging sheep as possible and go have fun. No need for an outfitter

Comment

Congrats! I could buy 1000 raffle tickets every year and never win. I just donate my money so everyone Else can have fun. Can’t wait to follow the hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X