Gulf Shores, Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gulf Shores, Alabama

Just returned from a weeks worth of playing in the sand and doing a little fishing over in the Redneck Rivera, Gulf Shores, Alabama. First trip to that part of the Gulf and really enjoyed the area.

Stayed at the Seawind condos on the beach that the wife found. Less than a mile west of the intersection of Gulf Shores Pkwy and E. Beach Rd. Nothing fancy, but clean and easy.

Booked a fishing trip for Ashton, Breck and myself with Captain Ringo Nelson per a TBH members recommendation and had a blast. I must admit, this was my first guided fishing trip....ever, so nothing to compare it to. But in my opinion, could not have hit a further home run for my first guided trip. I told him when I booked, I have no problem being a first mate, just put my kids on fish. He did not disappoint.

Two of the places that I really enjoyed eating at was Steamers and O'Choppers in Orange Beach. Both had really great food at a reasonable price.

Ft. Morgan was very interesting to me and enjoyed walking around it.

Besides loosing my last seasons Angadi hat to the first days big waves and strong currents.....was a great time with the wife and kids. All in all, fun laid back place that I would do again.

A few pictures of the fishing trip below.

Rwc
    Attached Files

looks like a great time. may have to reach out to your guide as we are headed there next week for a baseball tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
      looks like a great time. may have to reach out to your guide as we are headed there next week for a baseball tournament.
      His number is 251-504-5867, tell him Richard, Ashton and Breck said hello. I'd call him quickly if you think there is a chance you might fish.

Good luck with the tournament.

Rwc

Comment

Them waves down there don't mess around!

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
          Them waves down there don't mess around!
          Agreed, and much more educated now. ha.

Rwc

Comment

Will be there in 2 wks! Can’t wait

Comment

Thats cool! Trying to see if we can get down there this summer or not still.

Comment

Looks like a great time. We visited Gulf Shores last year for the first time. The beaches were beautiful and the condo/apartment we stayed in wasn't too bad. We had a great time other that I had no clue that area is a huge beach destination for people traveling down from the Chicago area. I got my fill of those people when I was working a job there for several months. I am so use to going to Texas beaches and being around mostly Texas people, the folks from the northern urban areas are not the type of people my family and I are use to being around.

Comment

Awesome stuff Richard! Looks like a trip to remember

Comment

Looks like a great time. Better quit feeding that boy fertilizer, he's gonna tower you

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post

He’s also on FB
                      Captain Ringos Inshore fishing guide
                      He’s a hoot and flat catches fish.

Glad y’all had fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What a cool family fishing trip, glad you got to have such a good time. Nice fish, lots of family smiles, good action fish on pics, useful info about your trip. Just an outstanding family memory.

Comment

Man that’s awesome.... waydago

Comment

congrats on a great trip

Comment

Nice fish! Looks like a lot of fun.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X