HS Football & COVID 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Football & COVID 19

Heard something recently about UIL contemplating a 2020-21 season swap between HS Football and Baseball due to the recent COVID uptick in Tx. HS Baseball can be played with effective “social distancing “ so Baseball would be played in the Fall of this year and Football would be postponed until the Spring of 2021 (in hopes of having an effective treatment/vaccine for COVID by then). Anyone else hearing this?

I’m on the local school board and haven’t heard this but it wouldn’t surprise me that it’s being discussed.

Comment

From the THSBCA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

First I've heard if that. Nobody seems to know anything.

We are just showing up every day hoping not to get our summer workouts shut down. I'm at a 2A school in a lower population county so hopefully we don't get shut down. New staff+completely new system+ kids that besides the last two weeks haven't been trained in 3+ months. Recipe for disaster if we don't get to keep making summer progress and have a season.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

We've heard the same thing. At the end of the day, I don't think anybody knows what's gonna happen in August. I've got a senior with some college potential that needs/wants to be on the field for his senior year. I hope he plays sooner than later!

Comment

Baseball is played in the spring period! My son plays both, but don’t switch One for the other thinking they are going to have a vaccine for Covid-19.

Comment

Not going to be much fun if football games only allow for the players immediate family. Time will tell.

Comment

I don’t even try to guess anymore. If it can get any dumber it will.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                  I’m on the local school board and haven’t heard this but it wouldn’t surprise me that it’s being discussed.
                  Hope they get something figured out nothing better than high school football
                  Friday Night Lights

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

In no way should they swap baseball and football. Baseball kids always play Spring and it leads to Summer then training- Plus baseball was cancelled last Spring. Why take a chance on changing the schedule and cancel the incoming Seniors for two seasons in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      In no way should they swap baseball and football. Baseball kids always play Spring and it leads to Summer then training- Plus baseball was cancelled last Spring. Why take a chance on changing the schedule and cancel the incoming Seniors for two seasons in a row.
                      Come on Glen you know kids play baseball all year anyway and this is still Texas and hs football still rules��
                      Last edited by rvd; 06-28-2020, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                        First I've heard if that. Nobody seems to know anything.

We are just showing up every day hoping not to get our summer workouts shut down. I'm at a 2A school in a lower population county so hopefully we don't get shut down. New staff+completely new system+ kids that besides the last two weeks haven't been trained in 3+ months. Recipe for disaster if we don't get to keep making summer progress and have a season.

Consider yourself lucky.

the handful of schools in Karnes county (2A's) have suspended their workouts

Gosh I hope they can figure this out here pretty quick...2-a-days should be starting in little over a month

Comment

A few West Texas Schools shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                            Consider yourself lucky.

the handful of schools in Karnes county (2A's) have suspended their workouts

Gosh I hope they can figure this out here pretty quick...2-a-days should be starting in little over a month
                            They've shut down a bunch around us.

Feels like I see new ones post they are shutting it down every day the last few weeks.

Comment

Most of the schools in Kingwood, Humble and Houston have shut down their strength and conditioning training.

Comment

Working...
                              X