Canvas Tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canvas Tent

I’m in the market for a canvas tent and need some recommendations. I was going to order one from Cole’s in San Angelo, but the company that they use is having a hard time finding materials. I’m needing a 10x14. I have been looking at WhiteDuck, Trek and Kodiak. Anybody have any experience with these brands?

Kodiak are well used up here. Do you want a wall tent with a stove option or just a camping canvas tent for warmer weather ?
    Davis Tent in Denver is one of the best for wall tents. Great folks to work with and quality products.
    Davis usually has some on sale during the summer.

Kodiak canvas would be my recc. for a camping tent. They hold up to weather well from what I've been told.

Comment

really like my Davis Tent canvas wall tent - been using it 25 yrs, several times a year. held up well to many a snow storm. makes a hunt camp plenty cozy.

Comment

Agree with above re: Davis Tents if looking for a larger wall tent. we’ve had ours for 20 years and have used it yearly in SW CO, been through snow storms, windy conditions, etc., very comfortable when combined with a wood stove.

Comment

I’ve put my Kodiak Deluxe 10x14 thru heck from here to Wyoming and it’s served us well.

Comment

Kodiak 10x14

Comment

I just pulled the trigger on the 10 x 14 Super Deluxe with a free ground tarp for $599 a couple weeks ago, but I see that the sale is off now. I added the vestibule and will be using this for my Montana moose and Arizona antelope hunts this fall.

Comment

I like my Kodiak and would recommend them.

Comment

I have the Kodiak 10 X 14 VX. I recommend the VX because you get side window vents. Instead of pounding in all the stakes I use 14" lag bolts and an impact. I can stake the tent in under 5 minutes. It goes up and down fast.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                    I have the Kodiak 10 X 14 VX. I recommend the VX because you get side window vents. Instead of pounding in all the stakes I use 14" lag bolts and an impact. I can stake the tent in under 5 minutes. It goes up and down fast.
                    Great idea about the lag bolts!

Comment

If you are looking to buy then Davis is the best. If you get into it and decide you don't want to buy, I rent a wall tent set up.

(3) 14x16 Davis Wall Tents with wood burning stoves, floors and rainfly's
                      (12) Davis cots and bedrolls
                      (1) 400qt Grizzly cooler
                      Several other accessories all in a 6x12 covered trailer.

Rent the entire rig for $200/day.

PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                        Great idea about the lag bolts!
                        Yes it is.

What diameter lag bolts?

Comment

Canvas Tent

Montana Canvas in Belgrade, MT. Seems most guys here in Montana buy them, we love to ‘spend our gold where we mine it” so to speak!

Our county search and rescue team has a large one. Our son has one, and with some serious strapping to steel poles was used during the winter as a crew warm-up place when our home was being framed. We’re on the bluff and the wind can get serious-runs up to 60 gusts. It held up to Montana winter winds.

I looked at their web site and they’re having a summer $ale right now. You might check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Bill; 06-28-2020, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                            I like my Kodiak and would recommend them.
                            x2 Have a 10x10.

Comment

I like my Kodiak 10x10
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X