No announcement yet.

Who’s had Covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful with the zinc intake. Your body can only process so much before it has negative effects. I took 100mg a day for about 2 weeks.

Comment

Glad to hear yall are doing much better!

Comment

Who’s had Covid?

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
        Be careful with the zinc intake. Your body can only process so much before it has negative effects. I took 100mg a day for about 2 weeks.

We have 50 mg pills. Two a day or should we break that up into 4 doses a day?.. if it comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          We have 50 mg pills. Two a day or should we break that up into 4 doses a day?.. if it comes up.
          I was taking a 50mg pill in the morning and at night, but I would imagine spreading it out into 4 doses would be a little easier on your system. I had no issues personally, but 100mg is a lot of zinc. If I'm not mistaken, around 50mg per day is about the max you should take under normal circumstances.

Comment

Just read this whole thread. Wow! It's starting to sound like the wise thing to do is to make sure we have on hand at home the things we'll likely need in the event the 'Rona crosses our doorstep.

Guys who've had this, what should we be stocking up?

Comment

I think the overdose on zinc is tearing my gut up lol. Doesn’t hurt really. But signs in the toilet backing off to 40-50mg a day till Friday.

Someone asked what tonic water. It’s Canada Dry.
              I’ll post a pic of the zinc and b complex that heb sent in the delivery.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9A812016-1C82-41BF-AF66-952EE881F094.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	24621291

If they make a pill. Not a chewable, get that. I already had nausea a bit. The stuff tastes bad. But it’s well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                  Just read this whole thread. Wow! It's starting to sound like the wise thing to do is to make sure we have on hand at home the things we'll likely need in the event the 'Rona crosses our doorstep.

Guys who've had this, what should we be stocking up?
                  Ive gone through a ton of water. I ordered 4 more 32 count cases and had several already. And TP. Been ****ting like a pet coon. Ordered a bunch of Gatorade too. You get real dehydrated real fast. That’s all I can recommend at this point. Hoping and praying it’s all uphill from here.

Comment

Also, a large percentage of people with severe cases are shown to be vitamin D deficient as well. So get some sun, and a D supplement can't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                      Also, a large percentage of people with severe cases are shown to be vitamin D deficient as well. So get some sun, and a D supplement can't hurt.
                      I offered some D to the wife. Said it was important to her health. No dice. Dang rona!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        Zinc and tonic is RANK! Lol. But I hammered it down
                        Put some Tito's in it 😁. Hope y'all get better soon brother!

Comment

J, my recommendation would be to take them now...1x per day or break in 1/2 if you prefer. Stopping it from getting kick started is a smarter move than waiting.

Many a spert is saying a lot of the severity depends on the exposure or amount of cooties you take in & how one's body reacts & absorbs it. Having the zinc / quinine in your system is thought to keep it from the chain reaction so to speak. Also, 50mg's for a 5'8" Mrs Artos isn't the same for a 6' 200lb frame. I'm taking 25mg's 1x daily only because we are having problems even finding zinc in the valley.

~~~~~~~~

Royal, glad to help in any way...holler at me when you got some down time & the stupidity is over & we'll get together. You need to capitalize your 'A' for your location under the avatar.

Comment

And TP. Been ****ting like a pet coon.
                            You may have lost taste and smell, but you ain't lost your sense of humor!

Glad you're on the mend, brother.

Comment

I offered some D to the wife. Said it was important to her health. No dice. Dang rona!
                              Well remind her if she doesn't want the D, someone else will!

Comment

An illness with Covid symptoms affected my plant in late January early February. Five of the ten people had it on my shift, including me. Three were tested for flu and strep and all were negative. Covid testing wasn’t available at the time.
                                As far as my symptoms, started with a dry cough on a Wednesday. Started running fever on Friday and was wheezing along with bad chest pain. Body aches and exhausted. Fever lasted until the following Tuesday, highest temperature was 102. Longest lasting symptom was dry cough for two weeks. I have had asthma all my life. I have an inhaler and maybe use it five times a year. I was using it 10-15 times a day.
                                My wife and youngest daughter had symptoms also and were sick the same two week duration.
                                None of us were ever tested during or after. Another wave of illnesses are going through my plant now.
                                Hope you get well soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X