Who’s had Covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
    First off and most important, I hope all who have covid get through it OK, you are in my prayers and sorry for your suffering. Reading through this post has helped me learn some useful covid information, thanks to those who posted the info. I am surprised to read so many have or believe they have covid, seems like covid is really picking up speed how fast it is spreading in Texas. A shout out of thanks to Budman68, I went to the Walgreens site and learned quite a bit about covid I did not know. Most important, I learned how/where to get me, family, friends quickly tested in a close location.

Covid has picked up some but testing availability has picked up far more which is the main factor in increased cases in my belief.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      FYI the place I got tested had a rapid test. Barely stuck the thing in my nose and results were there in 25 minutes.

My wife had a normal test. Said it hurt like heck. They went deep in her nose. Said 3-5 days for a result but had it back in 24 hours.

Do the rapid test if you can. I’ve got BCBS insurance. It cost me $50.
      When it comes to diagnostic testing, these type of tests can be problematic.

If you’re running a test on blood (whole blood, serum, or plasma) it’s easy to tell if you have an adequate sample to run the test on. This is what they use for the antibody tests that show whether you were exposed in the past. It usually takes 2-3 weeks for a positive antibody test to develop.

Tests that use nasal swabs do not generally tell you if your sample was adequate (quality of the sample). They only show positive or negative.

So, a rapid test where they barely stick the swab in your nose may not collect enough tissue (mucous, nasal secretions) to show a positive. It may be quick and easy but it might also yield a false negative result. Not much different than sampling the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sandhillhunter View Post

If you’re running a test on blood (whole blood, serum, or plasma) it’s easy to tell if you have an adequate sample to run the test on. This is what they use for the antibody tests that show whether you were exposed in the past. It usually takes 2-3 weeks for a positive antibody test to develop.

Tests that use nasal swabs do not generally tell you if your sample was adequate (quality of the sample). They only show positive or negative.

So, a rapid test where they barely stick the swab in your nose may not collect enough tissue (mucous, nasal secretions) to show a positive. It may be quick and easy but it might also yield a false negative result. Not much different than sampling the air.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Aren’t the swabs testing for the antigen? Antibody testing has to be a blood draw, correct?

Comment

Hoping to catch it bad enough so my family can profit from it, you know insurance and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
            Correct me if I’m wrong, but Aren’t the swabs testing for the antigen? Antibody testing has to be a blood draw, correct?

That is my understanding...wife is having it done this week & said to get results in 10min so I'll follow up.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
              Hoping to catch it bad enough so my family can profit from it, you know insurance and what not.
              There's typically only a 2 year suicide exclusion on life insurance policies in Texas if you're really motivated....

Comment

Don't say crap like that. Now we are on the hook for you getting sick and checking out.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                  There's typically only a 2 year suicide exclusion on life insurance policies in Texas if you're really motivated....
                  Thanks for that info, guess I'll ride it out assuming the Rona doesn't help me out.

Comment

Covid

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    My wife and I both tested positive late this last week after a contractor at work tested positive for it. No telling where we got it. Our 4 year old seems to have it too but not doing too bad so far. Me and the wife are not having a good time to say the least lol.

Docs seem to just want you in a black hole. No help. Just say go to ER if it gets bad. Bunch of bull****. Whole body hurts. Chest pains. My wife seems to be worse off than I am. If you had it, what helped?
                    My wife is a nurse and about 4 weeks a small town doctor thought or like he wanted her to test positive because he thought she had it. Sent her home from work after they ran a complete battery of test and nothing showed up. Sent her to take a test at the hospital stuck the swab to her brain I get home and ask about it. I ask what have they found not till tomorrow why there doing those test and letting people know in 15 mins. She said he told that's not a good test. WTH are people taking them for. The next day the Lab calls and says your negative back to normal smiling and hour later he call back and over rides the Lab that knows better and says he still thinks positive he called it a negative positive just broke her heart plus I run my own business I ask what am I suppose to do she ask him that and said don't say anything to no one. I told her that's Crazy. Made her wait 2 days before taking another test and could not go out shopping or any thing like that. 40 hours later negative again. What Pizz me of why he did not get with the hospital and Lab before he called her. Bring her and tear her down in such a little time. I still Pray for every one out there every day dealing with this. Okay gotta Geaux its about time to go riot tonight. Oh forgot I have to go to work tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                      Don't say crap like that. Now we are on the hook for you getting sick and checking out.
                      Dang guess I'll have to send out thank you cards!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        Covid has picked up some but testing availability has picked up far more which is the main factor in increased cases in my belief.

An increase in testing won’t account for all of the folks that are coming into the hospitals with it now. Testing or no testing, those folks would have been sick either way. I can tell you from first hand knowledge, the hospitals are seeing a big spike in Houston.

Comment

Who’s had Covid?

Originally posted by sandhillhunter View Post

Good info! I was trying to explain this to my dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                            An increase in testing won’t account for all of the folks that are coming into the hospitals with it now. Testing or no testing, those folks would have been sick either way. I can tell you from first hand knowledge, the hospitals are seeing a big spike in Houston.

Fingers crossed!

Comment

Might want to read your policy first. Was talking with a guy on Friday, and he says that most policies have verbiage to say they are not liable for payment if death is due to a pandemic.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                                Might want to read your policy first. Was talking with a guy on Friday, and he says that most policies have verbiage to say they are not liable for payment if death is due to a pandemic.
                                More good info, I'll stop my "paper trail" here then.

Comment

Working...
                                X