2020 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running behind....

Me & the kids just planted 5 rows black eye peas 75 yds long (1 single row, 4 rows broadcast width of tiller - 4'), 3 rows okra 25 yds long, 2 rows squash 25 yds long, and a 10 x10 yd patch of watermelon/cantaloupe.

Finished right as the rain started falling.

Seed rate varies. Ethan spaced a pk down entire row.
    Bella ran out every five yds, lol.

Not a serious garden by any means. I'm just hoping to get a little okra and squash out of it.

The deer can have the rest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200411_141535.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	24613790

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
      Me & the kids just planted 5 rows black eye peas 75 yds long (1 single row, 4 rows broadcast width of tiller - 4'), 3 rows okra 25 yds long, 2 rows squash 25 yds long, and a 10 x10 yd patch of watermelon/cantaloupe.

Finished right as the rain started falling.

Seed rate varies. Ethan spaced a pk down entire row.

Bella ran out every five yds, lol.

Not a serious garden by any means. I'm just hoping to get a little okra and squash out of it.

The deer can have the rest.

[ATTACH]999288[/ATTACH]
      I would hate to see what you consider a serious garden.
      Don't the deer mess with your veggies?

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
        I would hate to see what you consider a serious garden.
        Don't the deer mess with your veggies?
        That's the plan.

Comment

What kind of fertilizer are you guys using. I just got this masterblend in this week. Its supposed to be great for the plants. Im also using Natures Source 10-4-3.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
            How did you plant your plants? They appear to be in a container in the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Yes they are in the decomposable type containers... The ring you see is plastic that I will cut out once the planets are completely established... At least I assumed it was decomposable...

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
              Yes they are in the decomposable type containers... The ring you see is plastic that I will cut out once the planets are completely established... At least I assumed it was decomposable...

Not sure I’ve heard of this?? Do you have pics of the plants before you planted them? Seems interesting......

Comment

Peaches on the tree. Tomatoes on the vine. Mid 30's Monday night

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                  Not sure I’ve heard of this?? Do you have pics of the plants before you planted them? Seems interesting......

Here is the only pic I have...perhaps biodegradable is a better term for the pot... These are sold under Bonnie Plants brand... Some of the roots had already broken through the material. I pinched of bits of the bottom to help that along.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Pedernal; 04-11-2020, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Here is the only pic I have...perhaps biodegradable is a better term for the pot... These are sold under Bonnie Plants brand... Some of the roots had already broken through the material. I pinched of bits of the bottom to help that along.

That looks pretty nifty!

Comment

Those are biodegradable but they instruct to tear it off and put in into the hole with the plant. Then throw the plastic away.

Comment

Those are biodegradable but they instruct to tear it off and put in into the hole with the plant. Then throw the plastic away.
                        When you say tear it off are you talking about the plastic or the actual biodegradable material??

Comment

When you say tear it off are you talking about the plastic or the actual biodegradable material??
                          Both.

Comment

Both.
                            Dang... I guess I should have read the instructions... there were what seamed like enough roots coming through that I figured I would stress the plant.... the tomatoes seem to be ok with it I will paspalum the pepper plants next watering and try to get it off...

Comment

Dang... I guess I should have read the instructions... there were what seamed like enough roots coming through that I figured I would stress the plant.... the tomatoes seem to be ok with it I will paspalum the pepper plants next watering and try to get it off...
                              If you tore the bottom, they are probably okay for the roots to grow and with enough water the biodegradable material will give.

Comment

I might be re-planning some new plants.... we are getting hammered
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X