No announcement yet.

2020 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for potatoes I cover them up as much as I can , probably about 3 times while growing. Put some 7 dust on them for whatever is eating the leaves.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Decided Kentucky Wonders vine for my trellis against my better judgement. 3 types peppers, 1 tomato plant, zucchini. No herbs. Did plant a rosemary for future use. Going to add some space and separate the squash for first time. So freaking big.
      I do have maybe a bit too much Aloe Vera might let go of One potted or some starters if anyone is near east Georgetown wanting a starter or even one of my larger ones.

Comment

Purple hulls are bush peas not climbers

Comment

Same here...just wade thru picking peas...best time of year
          Originally posted by RTM View Post
          Yeah they will just cover the ground , just wade through them and pick peas.
          At least that's how I do it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

With everything shut down , my garden sure is getting a lot of attention .Challenge is not to fill up all the spaces before i start putting tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers etc in. Just about a week out before go all in on the hot summer stuff.

Comment

Our little garden is looking good and the bees are enjoying the blooms!

Comment

Originally posted by mossman500 View Post
                Purple hulls are bush peas not climbers
                There are bush and vine varieties of purple hull peas.

Comment

Headed to home Depot to look for the Purple Hulls. I just planted some Kentucky Wonders next to a trelles as I think those are climbers.

Comment

If you plant PH Peas in your regular row garden, make your rows twice as wide as the rest of the garden... they really take up a lot of space when they get going. They are one of the BEST things you can plant in a garden as far as I'm concerned!! Love me some purple hull peas with a big ol ham hock in em and a pot of boiled okra to go with 'em... Mamma used to boil the peas n okra together, but that's a bit too much dark slime for me... Still good if you got some hot cornbread to sop it up with tho.

Comment

getting the final prep done before planting. I'm trying to resist the urge to plant now but we usually get a freeze right around Easter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200325_120135.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	24612671

Name:	20200325_120141.jpg
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	24612672

Name:	20200325_120142.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	24612673

Name:	20200325_120155.jpg
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	24612674

Comment

What a great looking back yard garden!! That's enough space to grow a LOT of food! Good luck!

Comment

Anybody tried this yet? The ones I've followed have produced a LOT of cukes. Hoping it works for us. The fertilizer is the key:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfBoYkPYEqw&t=15s"]Growing Cucumbers in a Barrel (Easy Hydroponics) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                            getting the final prep done before planting. I'm trying to resist the urge to plant now but we usually get a freeze
                            Nice garden! Someone misses a 3 pointer you could lose a squash plant though.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                              getting the final prep done before planting. I'm trying to resist the urge to plant now but we usually get a freeze right around Easter.

[ATTACH]996939[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]996940[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]996941[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]996942[/ATTACH]
                              What soil do you use in your pots?

I got my wife some herbs and was going to use Mericalgro garden soil, but noticed on the bag it said in ground use. My Dad said to use potting soil as the MG would probably not do well with water inn the pots.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                                What soil do you use in your pots?

I got my wife some herbs and was going to use Mericalgro garden soil, but noticed on the bag it said in ground use. My Dad said to use potting soil as the MG would probably not do well with water inn the pots.
                                I use a blend of potting soil and compost in my pots. I have limited yard space so compliment my garden with pots. He's right in that if you use regular garden soil it will stay wet and not drain well. Mulch them and you will not have to water very often depending on how much sun/heat they get.

Comment

Working...
                                X