• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potatoes are taking off
    I converted a two row cultivator into a one row with disc hollers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

went ahead and started in hopes no freeze. Tomato was too big to keep in starter pot. Besides with all that's going on playing in the mud is fun. Not sure what to put on trellis. Used for beans with limited luck. Used for cantaloupe with great luck. Used to support the monstrous Sun Gold tomato plant but skipping that one. Might just plant my squash seedlings and not worry about anything tall?
      And look at the blooms on that pear tree in the background. Just a little more time without a freeze it is going to be loaded.
      Any suggestions on a semi hot bell pepper hybrid. I do not like lot of heat but some burn. I grow Gypsy's for sweet abundant small bell type peppers.
      Attached Files

Comment

Anyone ever planted mustang grapes and been successful?

Tips and tricks?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          Dang squirrels dug up and ate our spinach plants. They were just sprouting up. Everything else is good.

http://youtu.be/O6emJFDz-f4
          I have not caught it yet but whatever digs up everything is in for losing battle some soon to be night. I have a real problem. Squirrels do some damage but I think possums and raccoons both are plaguing. Not sure how much trouble skunks might be but I smell one sometimes. Or is that the neighbors smoking something again?
          Last edited by toomuchsun; 03-17-2020, 11:32 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Mine is all in.
            Cucumber seeds are up, potatoes are rocking and rolling, tomatoes are taking hold...
            Hoping the pecan trees and mesquites didnt lie, and we dont get a surprise late frost.

Comment

Tips and tricks?
              I tried several times from seed from some wild ones, but finally gave up on year 4 and went to the Houston Garden Center (the circus looking place) and bought their green grape plant and it took asap. Last year (2nd year) it produced at least 300 grapes.
              Note: I was successful in growing the Mustang plant.....just could never get them to produce anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                I tried several times from seed from some wild ones, but finally gave up on year 4 and went to the Houston Garden Center (the circus looking place) and bought their green grape plant and it took asap. Last year (2nd year) it produced at least 300 grapes.
                Note: I was successful in growing the Mustang plant.....just could never get them to produce anything.
                I've heard that from a few others. I wish I could figure them out.

Comment

Plants

Went to get mine yesterday and Lady told me crazy people came in there this week end and bought the whole Dang place out. This darn Virus thing is making people go plain crazy. Stopped at the store on the way out and people fighting over TP.

Comment

Anyone use pine needles for mulch or do they break down too slow?

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                      Anyone use pine needles for mulch or do they break down too slow?
                      I have tried them, but have seen better quicker results in material decomposition with standard leaves,grass cutting and wood chips. They are good in a pinch to cover your garden soil in the winter to keep it warmer and summer to keep it moist if nothing else is readily available. Hear thats about all they use up in yankyville.

Comment

Wild grapes are so abundant in areas such as along the Nueces River as one example. I would just harvst from local "legal" to be there areas. I used to swing over the river from a Mustang Grape vine until it broke and reshaped my forehead. None around Georgetown to note in quantity to harvest I have seen but some spotted east close by. I do not care much for wine but when I was Kid some of my folks made Mustang Wine and it was so GOOD. I was not allowed as a youth but managed to swipe a little here and there. Those came form the oak trees around Ingleside best of my memories. There was even a gator on that creek that bellowed at dark so no gathering at night. (fun truth added info) and do not smoke it as you might just have Poison Ivy

Comment

Tips and tricks?
                          Bughunter on here started a bunch of Mustang grape seeds several weeks ago. They just sprouted a few days ago. We don't know if they are going to make productive vines, but we're going to find out.

Comment

I’m getting ready to start but April 15th is usually the magic number to avoid freezing temps, here.

I’ve got some fence up ready to keep the deer out of some peas & tomatoes.

Comment

Did a little picking after the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post

Did a little picking after the rain.
                                Never considered sprouts. Hard or easy?

Comment

Working...
                                X